problem

• SweeneyTodd
  • Born
  • Born
  • SweeneyTodd

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok here's the story. i was playing WOW and my girlfriend tripped on the power cord to my computer and it shut off and then i tried to turn it on and windows would not load and freeze every time i tried so i just reinstalled windows and ever since then the sound dont work im guessing the sound card got messed up some how and and when i try to open wow it says
"failed to find a suitable display device. Exiting progrem."
and when my girlfriend trys to play sims 2 it says
"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics in the system! Please make sure you have you have a directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer"
and yet i did download directx and i updateded everything possible and yet nothing wants to work like it did before.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Start with the device manager. Windows doesn't install the mobo and PCI card drivers.

Also, she could have pulled something on the power supply when she tripped. Why was the power cable in such a bad spot?
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 its right, whenever you install a new OS, the OS may not have the drivers for some of your computer hardware, so it is necessary to go to the computer's manufacturer website and download the drivers for those components

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts