Problem with IE / AKA Incompetency of Windows products

• carrotpak
  • Born
  • Born
  • carrotpak

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am using IE 6.0 Service pack 1 and i having a lot of problems with it and i am doubting the capability of the software.
The program had been running smoothly at first but it seems that there are so many viruses and hacking programs in the net aiming specially at windows products that my IE started to experience problem. First, my pictures vanished and were replaced with an X. I had to click "show picture" for it to appear. In addition, i experienced errors when i tried to submit some of my work and files in sites like http://www.moreatonce.com.sg . I explored many sites which "helped" to troubleshoot these problems but none of them worked. I tried to repair the IE and even reinstall it, but to no avail. Currently, i even have this message occuring in my Program Files, Control Panel and WINDOWS folder:

An error has occurred in this dialog

Error 29:
Unspecified error

Can anyone help me? Is Netscape a better choice?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Do a spyware scan with these two programs (both free)
Spybot S&D
Adaware

(make sure you check for updates before doing the scan)

2. Ditch IE, get a real browser
I'm sure everyone here will agree...
[url=http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/]Mozilla Firefox
http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/[/url]

Popup Blocking

Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker.
Tabbed Browsing

View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them.
Smarter Search

Google Search is built right into the toolbar, and there are a plethora of other search tools including Keywords (type "dict <word>" in the Location Bar), and FastFind (start typing the first few letters of some text in the page and Firefox takes you there).
Privacy and Security

Built with your Security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.
Hassle-Free Downloading

Files you download are automatically saved to your Desktop so they're easy to find. Fewer prompts mean files download quicker.
Fits Like a Glove

Simple and intuitive, yet fully featured, Firefox has all the functions you're used to - Bookmarks, History, Full Screen, Text Zooming to make pages with small text easier to read, etc.
S M L XL XXL XXXL

Firefox is the most customizable browser on the planet. Customize your toolbars to add additional buttons, install new Extensions that add new features, add new Themes to browse with style, and use the adaptive search system to allow you to search an infinite number of engines. Firefox is as big or small as you want.
Setup's a Snap

At only 4.7MB (Windows), Firefox only takes minutes to download over a fast connection. The installer gets you set up quickly, and the new Easy Transition system imports all of your settings - Favorites, passwords and other data from Internet Explorer and other browsers - so you can start surfing right away.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts