XP problem with default ip address 0.0.0.0

• tabataa
  • Born
  • Born
  • tabataa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,
I have a problem migrating a java program that uses RMI from nt to XP. My problem is that im trying to find all the errors that can possibly happen,theres one i don´t know what can i do in XP. the problem is that maybe when i am running my java program and everything goes right someone can take off the network cable, in that case XP instead of keeping the ip i stablish in the NIC adaptor, takes the 0.0.0.0 so my rmi application crash when it tries to call a Remote procedure...
Does anyone knows how i could stablish my ipaddress to the ip my adaptor uses when it has link and when it doesn´t???
Thank you in advance
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why are you removing the network cable while the program is running?
  • HoustonIT
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • HoustonIT

Post 3+ Months Ago

tabataa wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have a problem migrating a java program that uses RMI from nt to XP. My problem is that im trying to find all the errors that can possibly happen,theres one i don´t know what can i do in XP. the problem is that maybe when i am running my java program and everything goes right someone can take off the network cable, in that case XP instead of keeping the ip i stablish in the NIC adaptor, takes the 0.0.0.0 so my rmi application crash when it tries to call a Remote procedure...
Does anyone knows how i could stablish my ipaddress to the ip my adaptor uses when it has link and when it doesn´t???
Thank you in advance

How was the problem prevented in NT? Static IP?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts