2 XP Problems

• enzyme
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • enzyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) When I start up the computer, instead of the welcome screen I get the traditional box that asks for your User ID and password. I've gone into the windows settings and "Display welcome screen on startup" is checked. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2) I have quadraphonic speakers, but windows thinks I have only 2. Each time I start windows I have to reset the sound properties. The 4 speakers work fine, but next time I start windows it goes back to 2 speakers. Why?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont see a problem with the welcome thing... its not like its a big deal to see the welcome screen. I dont think your computer is saving your settings because you may be using a limited windows account. make sure the account you are using is an administrative account. this should solve both problems. if that doesnt work, How are you changing the speaker settings? are you changing them by going into control panel/"sounds and audio devices" and changing the speaker setup there? once youve changed it to 4 speaks be sure to click OK and not cancel. if that doesnt work check to see if your drivers for your sound card are up to date.
  • enzyme
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • enzyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

beings wrote:
i dont see a problem with the welcome thing... its not like its a big deal to see the welcome screen. I dont think your computer is saving your settings because you may be using a limited windows account. make sure the account you are using is an administrative account. this should solve both problems. if that doesnt work, How are you changing the speaker settings? are you changing them by going into control panel/"sounds and audio devices" and changing the speaker setup there? once youve changed it to 4 speaks be sure to click OK and not cancel. if that doesnt work check to see if your drivers for your sound card are up to date.

I mean the Blue screen with the User Icons when you start up Home Edition. I have an administrator account. I do change the speaker settings like that- the speakers work perfectly- but go back to "desktop stereo speakers" next time i start up.
  • Norabor
  • Born
  • Born
  • Norabor

Post 3+ Months Ago

To re-activate the welcome screen, you must use an admin account and visit the "user" options in control panel. There you have the option to activate the welcome screen and the fast user switching.
  • enzyme
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • enzyme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Norabor wrote:
To re-activate the welcome screen, you must use an admin account and visit the "user" options in control panel. There you have the option to activate the welcome screen and the fast user switching.

Did you even read all of my post?
  • LeoZhang
  • Student
  • Student
  • LeoZhang
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

i also want to know how to display the user select welcome page, my system display the traditional login dialogbox as win2k. i want to change it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts