Problems with DIRECTX 9.0c

• kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Geneva, Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

I downloaded DirectX 9.0c, and installed it.

BUt when i check my system for which directx verison it has.. it tells me directx 9.0b!!!

How to install directx 9.0c? i dont know whats wrong, but somehow it wont install on my system.

ANy help would be deeply appreciated

Tnank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where did you download 9.0c from, and where on your computer are you checking for the dx version?
  • huezune
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • huezune
  • Loc: nil

Post 3+ Months Ago

what does DirectX actually do ?
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got direct X 9.0c from the microsoft website, i downloaded it, and installed.. it told me " You have succesfully installed microsofgt direct x 9.0c bla bloa bla" ...

then i did in run mode - DXDIAG and it tells me im using directx 9.0B

i dont know but something is wrong with installing that thing. i cant get it right somehow
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

try this copy and see if it works

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
  • kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for ur reply lucassix,

i downloaded the thing, 33MB or so big file, but i have no idea what to do with all the files, i just installed it and did what i think was right..

but nothing changed in the direct x version, still crappy 9.0b
  • pechan
  • Born
  • Born
  • pechan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope this helps you out; I was having the same problem with it not letting me install Directx 9.0c. it would say that it had finished installing but when I would check it, I would only have 9.0b.

Solution that worked for me: I had installed the WINXP SP2 BETA on my computer and I figured I didn't need SP2 when it came out. That was the problem SP2 BETA wouldn't let me install Directx 9.0c

disclaimer. I only say this worked for me :D
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go here !
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

There is a (none DX for Graphic Cards that are to old to handle it)
4 years old is to old .

The DX9.0c file should not be more than 312 kb
  • camoman_lee
  • Born
  • Born
  • camoman_lee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!

Well it worked for me anyway.

You need both the 9.0b and 9.0c full versions. both around 30Mb each. Unzip both to respective temp folders. then copy and paste the following from 9.0b to 9.0c:

dxsetup
dsetup32.dll
DSETUP.dll

next you need a direct x uninstaller. i used dx eradicator from majorgeeks.com, bu there are plenty around

once done simply run dxsetup in the 9.0c version (which would be the one you copied before right) and it will install using the files from the folder it is in. and there you go you have installed directx 9.0c.

please email at camomanliveshere@hotmail.com to tell me if it worked for you, since i wanna know if i fluked it for sum crazy reason

Happy playin, and of course I take no responsibility if anything happens to your system (I have to say that dont I) due to using this fix. Im still happily playin and since the original post i made i have had people email me saying it works for them to without problems.

Cam
  • Machine420
  • Born
  • Born
  • Machine420

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just joined to say thnx for the solution it worked and it was the last one i was gonna try before just banging my head against the monitor. i really wish this was the first damn link that showed up in the search engines, cuz there seems to be alot of other ppl with this problem, thnx again.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad to see you solved.
And welcome to Ozzu.

To all who have problems installing DirectX 9.0c, the solution for Win XP users is to reinstall SP2 unless there are other hardware problems.
  • kittytail18
  • Born
  • Born
  • kittytail18

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been trying to install the directx 9.0c thing for days. I guess im not that smart. but anyways the reason is for the sims 2 and when i start to install it from microsoft.com it said i need a validation and its required, although mine says ive failed that and i need to contact the sellers of my computer. though we got this computer from a private company. what do I do?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds to me like the "private company" installed an illegal copy of XP on your system.

All updates except security updates have to be validated, if your copy of XP is not valid you will not get the updates.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downlo ... idate.aspx
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best solution on earth:

Obtain a genuine copy of Windows and you won't get any problem after that.

Get a genuine copy here
http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/ ... 5&type=ovr

Danke
  • kittytail18
  • Born
  • Born
  • kittytail18

Post 3+ Months Ago

no no its not illegal i just dont know how to do it. it worked fine until i did the system restore, but thats not the problem. i dun think..well ive still been trying to install this thing. how do u know if your video thing is strong enough to hold the directx 9.0c because i have a lot of them on my computer i just dont know if i downloaded them right.
  • pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

kittytail18 wrote:
when i start to install it from microsoft.com it said i need a validation and its required, although mine says ive failed that and i need to contact the sellers of my computer

This clearly means that the problem is with validation not with DirectX.
And how are you so sure that the copy of Windows you got is genuine?
Did you tried validating through How to tell?

And for requirements, DirectX is fine on any system with the following configuration

Operating System

Microsoft Windows® 98, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), or Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP.

Hard Disk

Approximately 65 megabytes (MB) of available space for installation. Once installed, you can delete the installation files. The remaining DirectX files use approximately 18 MB of hard drive space. If you had an earlier version of DirectX installed on your computer, you will see little difference in used space on your hard drive. DirectX 9.0 will overwrite the earlier versions.

You may wish to know these

What is DirectX
System Requirements
  • Ammie
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ammie

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have the EXACT problem.. I did a system restore and tried to load the sims 2 back on and when i tried to run it it was saying that I didnt have directx but i tried to re-install directx but it still doesnt show up on my system HELLLLLLP
  • Bernarddt
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bernarddt
  • Loc: Bloemfontein, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

camoman_lee wrote:
I HAVE A SOLUTION!

Well it worked for me anyway.

You need both the 9.0b and 9.0c full versions. both around 30Mb each. Unzip both to respective temp folders. then copy and paste the following from 9.0b to 9.0c:

dxsetup
dsetup32.dll
DSETUP.dll

next you need a direct x uninstaller. i used dx eradicator from majorgeeks.com, bu there are plenty around

once done simply run dxsetup in the 9.0c version (which would be the one you copied before right) and it will install using the files from the folder it is in. and there you go you have installed directx 9.0c.

please email at camomanliveshere@hotmail.com to tell me if it worked for you, since i wanna know if i fluked it for sum crazy reason...

Cam

I wanted to reinstall DirectX 9.0c but when I ran the setup the thing immediately completed, in other words, it did nothing!

The above solution worked, although minor adjustments:

If you don't want to use the DirectX Installer: Just delete the registry "folder" at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DirectX

Don't worry about the other direct draw, ect. folders.

Another solution that might work: Sounds like DirectX was included SP2 so, reinstalling it, may also fix the problem.... have no idea if this will work, found out after fixing with above solution.
  • deaddemonpixie
  • Born
  • Born
  • deaddemonpixie

Post 3+ Months Ago

GUYS YOU ARE GUNNA LOVE ME :D

I just made an account on here soley to give you my solution....

-------------------

If you are failing to install directx 9.0c because you have service pack 2.....just download service pack 3!!!

YES I'm serious! I tried everything I found online to no avail and then thought...hmmmm surely sp3 would fix everything? and it did!!

hope this helps :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts