problems with touchpad on my laptop hp nw8000

• finalheart
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello all i have a problem with my touchpad i cant tap to click i hope i will get a soon answer im asking for help again but the other problem with the volume icon i have fixed it because i have downloaded this -->TWEAK UI with that proram i have fixed my volume icon but now i have stil problem with the touchpad 3 days long HELP ME WITH IT! thnx
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

did it work before and now it's not?

check in your mouse properties for that feature. However, it's possible windows doesn't support that for your touchpad and you will need to install the driver for it.
  • bodom321
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bodom321

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree , driver driver lol
  • finalheart
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

it worked where can i download the driver ?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

From HP's website perhaps
  • bodom321
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bodom321

Post 3+ Months Ago

just because i am a nice guy, there you go

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... 1093#11318

that will take you to the website for all the drivers for your laptop,
cya
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess my link wasn't good enough. Just in case you didn't know my link goes to pretty much the same page yours does halen.
  • finalheart
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have downloded the driver of synaptics and I WENT TO THE SITE TRUE THE URL OF GINCH2171 LOL but guess what i have my touchpad fixed i can tap to click BUT NOW I HAVE PROBLEM AGAIIIIIIIIN WITH MY VOLUME ICON
I THINK IM GONNA GET CRAZY MAYBE I WILL INSTALL AAIN WINDOWS XP BUT WITH SP3 I HAVE A CD OF IT THANKS FOR THE DRIVER
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

you realize there is no such thing as SP3 yet? not officially anyway. makes me wonder if you're not using a valid installation of windows which is causing all these quirky issues.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will have to concur with UNFLUX on this one. SP3 is not due to be released until 2008. If you are not running a valid copy of Windows XP our willingness to help you stops.
  • bodom321
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bodom321

Post 3+ Months Ago

didn't even check the link cause didn't really care lol just like getting the job done quickly lol
  • finalheart
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys u didnt understand me now i have running windows xp professional with sp2 but i just have again problems with the *peach* volume icon its killing me im 4 days trying to repair it once repaired?ANNOTHER PROBLEM!ONCE THAT PROBLEM REPAIRED ? back the first problem omg i did a scan with kaspersky it didnt found any virus i dont know what to do anymore
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

backup everything and reinstall all the correct drivers.
  • bodom321
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bodom321

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have never had problems with the volume icon, if you have sound then i doubt it could be a driver problem. i know this sounds stupid but make sure windows is not hiding the icon all the time, just right click on the start button then go to the other windows "i forgot what it is called "im using vista" i think is called notification icons and look for the volume icon and click on the bost and choose show all the time "i don;t remember if it wil be there"

i quick way to "kind" of fix this, is to get one of those widgets that control the volume, or any of those freeware programs to replace the volume icon.

i googled it and found this one, you might wanna use it:
http://www.hi.is/~antoni/volumetouch/
anyway sorry for the problems and well i'd rather have my touchpad fixed than an invisible icon lol just kidding

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts