Protecting My Computer

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not all that well versed with computers... I probably need to take a class :lol: The question here is what should I install to keep my PC clean from Viruses?

MJ Registry Watcher is what has being suggested to me before when I was running Windows XP on 32-bit. I bought a brand new machine with 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium on it so I'm not sure if that will work on my machine.

So, I'm not really sure what the best security options for Windows 7 64-bit are/is. Anyone out there with some help?

I have a 6 month trial of Kaspersky Internet Security, but before installing it and trying it, I decided to post here and check if there's a better alternative available for me.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm the one who uses & recommends registry watcher. I also run anit malware from malwarebytes.org from time to time.

To me, all those AV programs are a waste of time, free or not. I can't count the hijack this logs I've seen on this forum with malware & AV programs, running side by side, which means the AV program is worthless.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I just don't know if it will work on Windows 7 and on top of that, 64-bit system.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Should I try to install it anyway?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY