Redirecting Application Data to a network drive folder

• ljCharlie
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ljCharlie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there a way to point or redirect the Application Data folder on a user's profile to a mapped drive folder? The reason is that this folder is getting huge if a user runs a lot of programs in his/her computer; therefore, downloading the user's profile from the user takes so long. I like to know if there is a way to point that folder to a mapped network drive folder somewhere on the server side so I don't have to download the Application Data folder along with my profile everytime when I log into my computer.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

ljCharlie
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

do you mean a roaming profile? I know winNT4.0 supported roaming profiles, I don't know how to set it up on newer servers thou, sorry :(
  • ljCharlie
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ljCharlie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the response. We have both NT 4.0 and Windows 2003 server. I read a lot of the information regarding folder redirection in both windows 2000 and 2003 server but so far it hasn't worked out the way it supposed to. My biggest problem right now is that the policy is not even being applied to the group...as you can see I already have a thread started for that topic. Once I figure out how to make that OU group policy works then I can figure the folder redirection.

ljCharlie

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts