reinstalling 95

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey, im reinstalling windows 95 on to a new harddrive and i cant get it to copy the disk to the hard drive. i really dont know how to do this though any pointers?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

the cd installation didnt work?

:|

have you tried, to add it to a existing comp, and installing it onto new drive like that?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Spoof, I hate to tell you this, but whatever computer you are trying to reinstall Windows 95 on needs to be replaced. It's simply too old, and nothing about it is supported, and it's really not worth your effort. You can get a brand new computer for less than $400 US.

//Added note -- I'm going to take a stab in the dark that you can't get it copied to the new drive is because your BIOS doesn't support drives that large. The older computers would only support 2GB partitions and unless you have a 3rd party BIOS software like ezBios, there's no way you can make it work on today's drives.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
//Added note -- I'm going to take a stab in the dark that you can't get it copied to the new drive is because your BIOS doesn't support drives that large. The older computers would only support 2GB partitions and unless you have a 3rd party BIOS software like ezBios, there's no way you can make it work on today's drives.

:shock: i bet your right we had a 2 or 4 gig in it before...

Tks for the help, show off 8) lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts