remote desktop question

• hui_200306
  • Born
  • Born
  • hui_200306

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I'm using remote desktop from my laptop (running XP) to connect to my server (running XP too). But I got the following information:
"The local policy of this system does not permit you to login interatively", could anyone give me some help?

My sever could login to other computers though, by using remote desktop.

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely
  • SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a computer at one of my familys members work and I searched the knowledge base and found this but you say you are running XP as the server. Well here is the article.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;841188
  • cyber_craft
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

what version of XP is it. is it server? if its not then only one person can be loged on at a time.....im not 100% sure about this.
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you use administrator account you can login with remote desktop, but not with other accounts.
If you are using win 2002 or 2003 and terminal services with your server you can try this, it should work on other windows versions.

1- Go to administrative tools - Teminal Services Configuration
2- On connections branch right click on the RDP-tcp item on the right pane and select properties
3- On the top of the properties windows click on permissions tab
4- Add the user you want to use to log in and give it at least User Access and Guest Access

Let me know if it helps
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it helps you can only have a maximum of two users logged in using remote desktop. It's been awhile since I've done it, but I think you can go to the adminstration console for TS and clear any current conections, then readjust the configuration to time out of a certain period of inactivity. If you don't change these config settings and the user closes Remote Desktop without loggin out first the "connection" remains indefinitly. Sorry I'm not at a spot where I can give more details.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts