Repair CD/DVD Writer

• PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does anybody know of any utility that will repair the registry entrees in XP for Optical Drives? Or heard of anything just refresh it to when windows was first installed?

I have a Samsung WriteMaster that I've owned for a few years. Problem is, I used to use Daemon Tools on my machine and when I uninstalled it, it corrupted something in the registry and I can't get the burner to be recognized fully by windows. Windows can "Eject" it, but that's about it. I get an "E:\ is not accessible." "Incorrect function." error, when I try to open it where it should normally say "Please insert a disk into drive F:". The writemaster and my other optical drive were like "overlapped" on each other, when I changed the volume letter, only then did it even see the other one.

I've tried all kinds of things.
- I've tried doing a few microsoft fixes, deleting upper and lowers in the registry. That worked the first time it was corrupted, it didn't work this time.
- I've removed device from device manager, moved around drive letters, scanned for changes, uninstalled, enabled disabled, rebooted.
- I even went into the registry again and deleted some corrupt keys and stuff.
- In the past (the first time this happened), I managed to flash the firmware, mess with a couple reg keys and it worked. However now I can't, because it's so screwed up that it doesn't even recognize that the drive is the right one, so the software for flashing won't even let me flash.

It's getting a weird name too that it's not supposed to get when windows installs the drivers. There is no software drivers I know of for this thing. Only firmware, and unless daemon tools corrupted it, that should be fine.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try a restore point. I think that would be the easiest way.
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

before doing any changes in the registry ,

create a restore point.
take the complete back up of the registry.

download the registry cleaner or other software which will fix your problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts