Router problem

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im not able to get into my router's interface. I changed my IP of my router to 192.168.1.100 a long time back because im using a modem whose ip is 192.168.1.1 so for portforwarding they both had to be in the same address like 192.168.1.xxx . Anyway, Right now my Router's Wireless is not working plus when i try to login to the router the login page just doesnt open. I tried 192.168.1.100 and i also tried 192.168.0.1 which was the default address of the router. After everything failed i resetted the router using the button at the back and even that did not help. So can you guys help me out here ? :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you reset the router, the default IP is 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.0.1
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

My modem is 192.168.1.1.. While my router was 192.168.0.1 so i had to change the ip of my router so that port forwarding would work.

I have 2 routers you can say, First its a Shiro Modem which is also a router, Then i have a DLink Router connected which has 4 ports and is also wireless.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

then hook directly to the Dlink and then try 192.168.0.1 (which is the default for Dlink and Netgear. Linksys is 192.168.1.1)

You should be able to connect that way and change the settings to what you want.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tried that too. Doesnt work :(...

By directly you mean connecting the PC on the LAN port of the router and have all the other computers and modem disconnected right ? I've tried that but it still doesnt open the page
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

In your Network Properties for your connection under TCP/IP do you have it configured to automatically obtain an IP Address and DNS servers or did you have everything manually configured? If you had it manually configured, set everything to automatic, reboot and try again.

You can also go to a command prompt and type ipconfig /all to get a list of your current configuration. Posting it here might help spark some ideas to help.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah i have it all manually set up because i wanted to forward ports. Here's what ipconfig says:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : xone-e831c164ed
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : ***************
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 202.70.150.10

I removed the Mac address though, I heard its not safe to post that.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okey yeah after i reset the settings on TCP IP it worked, I got logged in the router but when i had set everything to be obtained automatically internet stopped working so i had to put all the settings back in there and thankfully now i can enter the router modem after entering the settings as well. Wireless is still not working though
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

If that was manually configured also you'll probably have to do similar with it.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure what you mean?

I did the settings and everything but my PSP just wont detect an Access point. That has never happened before i always had an access point showing on my PSP even when i just brought the router and plugged it straight away without any settings or anything it still showed me an access point.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know anything about how a PSP aquires a network address. I assume you've rebooted it? Somebody else is going to have to answer that part of your problem though cause I know nothing about them

Good luck
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the PSP connects pretty much the same way as a computer would connect to the wireless connection, But its not picking up an Access point, Neither is my PS3 and neither is my laptop.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

sounds like your router isn't broadcasting then. Perhaps a problem with the router? I seriously doubt the radio would be disabled in the router by default, but I don't use Dlink so I don't know how they are set up.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah im pretty sure its a problem with the router, not sure what to do.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buy a new one.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was just reading a few things and it appears that Dlink may have a Disable broadcast option that may be located somewhere in the wireless/possibly advanced properties. Look for that and make sure SSID broadcast isn't disabled.

• alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeap but in the DI-524 there isnt an option for on and off, its always on i guess.

Strange problem again.. Once again i cant open the interface and now the WLAN light on the router is off for some reason.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't know what else to suggest alamode. Do you have someone you can "borrow" a different router with and see if it works? or like Grinch suggest, buy a new router.
  • alamode
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okey the router is completely going crazy now, it disconnects me sometimes too so if im playing a game online it just disconnects sometimes.

So i wanted to ask you guys a question, I also want to buy a new modem so i was wondering if there are modems which has 4 ports for Wired connection and also has a wireless capability? So that i would just buy that modem instead and not have to buy a router.

So basically im looking for a DSL modem which will connect directly to my Phone Line and also share internet wireless and also wired all in one device. Been looking for one modem like that not been able to find it.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google is my friend

I'd recommend Linksys. I've had Dlink in the past and had similar problems with both of them. I'll never buy another.
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

your router is wired router or the wireless router.
if your router is wired than you cannot use the wireless router.

wired and the wireless routers are different.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can have a wireless router with wired ports. My Linksys is a wireless G router with 4 10/100 wired ports on it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts