SBC Yahoo! DSL

• hollaback04
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hollaback04

Post 3+ Months Ago

i got SBC Yahoo! DSL it could speed up 250 kbps to 1.5 mbps, but i only could get 40 kb/s for max download instea of 150 kb/s. so does anyone how to fix this problem? thx!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, I usually try not to say stuff like this, but have you asked Yahoo's tech support about your problem and, if so, what did they say? Start with the basics!
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok first thing DSL usually doesn't get more than 150kbps upload sorry, your download depends on two main things one the distance from your house to your local phone office and two the quality of the copper of that line between your house and the office. Hence the closer you are to the office the shorter the distance the more the bandwidth. If you are at the max reach of the DSL then your download may never get above 128kbps. Enjoy :D

here is a link to check your speed both upload and download

http://www.dslreports.com/stest

or if you do a google search on "internet speed test" you will find a variety of different sites to check your speed against.
  • hollaback04
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hollaback04

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok thx guys i just found why now. i used to have standard package which downstream 350 kbps - 1.5 mbps, but my company hit me with basic package with 350 kbps downstream, they siad they going to upgrade back to standard package .. THX

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts