"No signed drivers were found" when trying to install W7

  • Bluedemon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bluedemon
  • Posts: 30

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I try to install Windows 7, I get the error "No signed drivers were found" and my HD does not show up. My Hard Drive is a Hitachi HDS721010CLA332.

I've tried numerous things, from changing my HD to ACHI and such, but still no luck. I currently have Windows XP 64 bit installed, so I can not upgrade with the disc. I've also tried downloading a OEM W7 home premium disc, since that is what was on it before and I have the serial on my tower, but it still did not work.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1244
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

hhmm i remember the transition on xp hard drives from IDE to SATA and sometimes you had to slipstream drivers into it and remake the windows disk.

If your able to get the drivers for your specialized hard drive and slipstream the drivers using some windows rebuilding software you may be able to fix this.
  • grinch2171
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6807
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

From what I have read on this error it is more of a motherboard issue than it is a hard drive issue. But there is no one solid fix that I could find, people fixed it in different ways.
  • Bluedemon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bluedemon
  • Posts: 30

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I'm currently trying to figure out a way by setting it back to AHCI, and installing the right AHCI driver when prompted, so far all I've gotten is an out of date error.

I actually got this computer from a rental company here in Australia, would it be wise to contact them if I cannot get it working?
  • grinch2171
  • Moderator
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6807
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it isn't your PC then I wouldn't sweat it, contact the company and tell them you are having issues and maybe they will swap it out or something.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1244
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bluedemon wrote:
Yeah, I'm currently trying to figure out a way by setting it back to AHCI, and installing the right AHCI driver when prompted, so far all I've gotten is an out of date error.

I actually got this computer from a rental company here in Australia, would it be wise to contact them if I cannot get it working?


wait so you got this from like radio rentals or something...... they have custom builds as far as i know that don't like you formatting and re setting the laptops as they have their own protection and blocking system on their products. when it breaks you need to send it to them for all repairs and maintenance work.

could be the reason why it is not digitally signed has some corp funded protection.

grinch2171 wrote:
From what I have read on this error it is more of a motherboard issue than it is a hard drive issue. But there is no one solid fix that I could find, people fixed it in different ways.


Which could explain it as they may of had a custom mobo for the rental company and keep the drivers to them self so if someone tries to install it, the winstalls does not understand it and fails. reasonable explication i say but i still think if you had these drivers that you could still slipstream the drivers into it and remake the ISO. But yea mite be difficult getting the software without a inside man in rental company.
  • Bluedemon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bluedemon
  • Posts: 30

Post 3+ Months Ago

Zealous wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Yeah, I'm currently trying to figure out a way by setting it back to AHCI, and installing the right AHCI driver when prompted, so far all I've gotten is an out of date error.

I actually got this computer from a rental company here in Australia, would it be wise to contact them if I cannot get it working?


wait so you got this from like radio rentals or something...... they have custom builds as far as i know that don't like you formatting and re setting the laptops as they have their own protection and blocking system on their products. when it breaks you need to send it to them for all repairs and maintenance work.

could be the reason why it is not digitally signed has some corp funded protection.

grinch2171 wrote:
From what I have read on this error it is more of a motherboard issue than it is a hard drive issue. But there is no one solid fix that I could find, people fixed it in different ways.


Which could explain it as they may of had a custom mobo for the rental company and keep the drivers to them self so if someone tries to install it, the winstalls does not understand it and fails. reasonable explication i say but i still think if you had these drivers that you could still slipstream the drivers into it and remake the ISO. But yea mite be difficult getting the software without a inside man in rental company.


Wouldn't that have stopped me from installing WinXP? Also, when I have my external HDD plugged in, it recognizes that and shows up in the list.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1244
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well i am having a stab in the dark over this one here with limited information and the computer is not in front of me to play with but i am guessing that XP is old so it could work.

But as for your external hard drive of course it works, when you have loaded up windows right? Once inside windows you get the updates from Microsoft and search on plugin.

If your talking about the BIOS then that is normal to be detected but then if this is the win7 setup itself then you may be able to swap the hard drives around inside the computer and try a install there. Or even install win from the external but i would not suggest that but possible.

You have a problem there but i am sure with some work it can be worked around but i am sure by this point you have contacted the rental company about it and sorted a new one out.

Post more details if your still having a issue.
  • Bluedemon
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bluedemon
  • Posts: 30

Post 3+ Months Ago

Zealous wrote:
Well i am having a stab in the dark over this one here with limited information and the computer is not in front of me to play with but i am guessing that XP is old so it could work.

But as for your external hard drive of course it works, when you have loaded up windows right? Once inside windows you get the updates from Microsoft and search on plugin.

If your talking about the BIOS then that is normal to be detected but then if this is the win7 setup itself then you may be able to swap the hard drives around inside the computer and try a install there. Or even install win from the external but i would not suggest that but possible.

You have a problem there but i am sure with some work it can be worked around but i am sure by this point you have contacted the rental company about it and sorted a new one out.

Post more details if your still having a issue.


I'm talking about during the Windows installation, where I can load drivers and such, my external HDD shows up in that list.

This is my PC: http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content ... .SFF02.008 I haven't contacted them yet, I'd rather fix it myself before I do, to see if there is a way to fix it.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1244
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

does not matter about external hard drive it is the internal one we need to look at to make thing boot correctly and safe. As for driver hunting i just got home from work so i will look into it later this afternoon.

But i still think you would need to slip stream these drivers we don't have into a rebuilt version of windows.

working project right now

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.