Is someone getitng into my PC?

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lately, like once a week, my pc has been shutting off by itself, the monitor and all. I restart it and I loose my Admin login. When I get it back, a exployer box pops up saying that others are logged into my computer. Does this mean someone is getting into my network?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Freakyp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: M'boro. TN, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, that is possible, but it sounds to me like it may be the sasser worm again... and your computer is giving you a false error... check the task manager and see how much memoy lsass is taking up, it should be around 1.2MB if its significantly higher try using the MS removal tool http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

hope it helps man :wink:
  • SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I get it back, a exployer box pops up saying that others are logged into my computer.

Possibly someone is using remote destop to connect, When that is done i know that it says that another user is coonected. Or is there other local users logged in, i mean other users on this computer.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is just my home PC, and I have a network 2 other pc's in my house, but no one has been on when these things have been happening.

Ill look about that worm too.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you were accessing either of the other computers yourself, even if no one else was using them, it will give you that "connection" message.

If you go to a command prompt and type netstat -n it will show all connections you have established. This would include any local computers and if you have browsers or any instant messaging open it should show the IP's of the addresses you are connected to. This can help you narrow things down to an external IP that shouldn't be there.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, I will make sure to that too. Thanks for all the help.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts