Sound Driver's gone!

• Emo Cunt__xx
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

okay, Umhhhh

I just reformatted my computer, and now the sound drivers gone...It was DirectSound driver, but I don't know how to figure out what kind of motherboard I have because I've never had these troubles before and my brother isn't around to fix it. lol, and I also don't know where I can get a sound driver 'cause I can't find one on the internet at all! :cry:
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

do you have an onboard sound on the MOBO,or PCI soundcard

The driver can be found by getting into your Device Manager. Right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop, then choose Properties. From the Window that comes up click on the Hardware tab. When the next window that comes up, click on the Device Manager button. The window with the device manager will appear. Look for the listing that says Sound, video, and games controller. Click on the "+" next to this and you will see the various components, one of which will be the sound driver. For most onboard drivers, it will be Realteck AC'97. You will also find the Audio Codec and Legacy Codecs. It is is here that you can update or uninstall the Audio drivers.

I would try to install them .

Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio Drivers
Legacy Video Capture Devices
Media Control Devices
Video Codecs

If you have onboard sound, you want to visit the webpage of your motherboard to get the correct driver.

If it is a sound card, go to the support webpage for that card, download and install it.

This is CPU-Z ,it's a little utility that will tell you what kind of MOBO
you have .
http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpu-z-123.zip

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts