No sound on the pc..really need help!!!

• Malibu93
  • Malibu93

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi..3 days now i've got a serious problem with my pc cause it has no sound..it all started from a conversation with a friend on msn webcam when i lowered the voice to the minimum..after that when i returned to my pc after 5' it suddenly had no sound(meaning music,videos,even windows sounds..)...i triple cheked my hardware but i couldn't find smthing wrong..i went to the control panel and i accidentaly deleted SoundMax cause of my anger..so now i've ended up with a computer that has no sound and cause i don't have any further knowledge except of the basic things on computers i desperate need some help here..please answer..i appreciate any help and suggestion thank you...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Start with the device manager. Are there any red or yellow marks next to sound? If there are, download & install the driver.
  • Malibu93
  • Malibu93

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nope..no marks next to the sound..can't believe it..even the blocks on the Sounds and Audio Devices are now black,meaning i can't tick them...
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go back into sounds in the control panel. Check each tab to make sure that nothing is muted.

What kind of speakers do you have? Do they connect directly to the sound card (lime green jack)? Make sure that the jack is all the way in. I connect mine to my home stereo through the same jack. You can try that to test it or use headphones from a walkman.
  • Malibu93
  • Malibu93

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've tested the hardaware nothing is wrong...I don't have speakers, the sound comes directly from the screen cause it has speaker inside it..i think that all is happening cause i deleted the SoundMAX file and now i can't restore it...how can i continue???
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can try to install the soundmax driver.
http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/sound_max.html

You can try a restore point to last week, when all was well.
  • Malibu93
  • Malibu93

Post 3+ Months Ago

I downloaded the driver but on the installation at a point it stops and it says "Severe: Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again"...
So i guess i have to try what you told me with the restore point..ehm how can i make this restore??? cause really i don't know...
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... store.mspx

That explains a restore point.
  • Malibu93
  • Malibu93

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sup..me again...all these days i've been trying to find a solution but nothing...also when i went to try the restore point subject,my pc didn't have a restore point that far...cause we are talking about a 20 days period....anything else to try???
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buy a new sound card.
  • Malibu93
  • Malibu93

Post 3+ Months Ago

And a new sound card will solve the problem of the drivers????
I mean...i deleted software,the SoundMAX,a new hardware what can it do..??? Still i won't have the software....
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

The new sound card will come with a driver CD.
  • Malibu93
  • Malibu93

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank God...ty a lot...hope it works.....
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make sure you ask the salesman if it has a CD in it. Otherwise, buy a different brand. Don't let them tell you that you download the driver from the net.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts