xp sp2 errors

• ed7oh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ed7oh
  • Loc: atlanta, ga.

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, has anybody else got this problem. it is a sp2 issue. i have not seen any help on this matter. i am getting an error 0x80244001 and i can't recieve any updates from microsoft. and when i close office 2000 i recieve another error for inproper program termination. what can be done on this issue?
thanks ed7oh!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you can't receive updates from Microsoft, the first thing I would do is take a look at your clock. THis is one of the most common reasons for not being able to access Windows updates if your clock is off. I can't see how that would have any effect on Office 2000, but it's the first thing to check.
  • ed7oh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ed7oh

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for your answer on my problem. the clock is dead on. i went on line and found other people that are having the same problem with there pc as well. but they don't have any answers on the problem either. i pray that some one will soon. thank you for your help. any one else have anything on this matter. eddie

ps. if any one from microsoft is watching please find the answer to the problem that you made. in due respect. eddie
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

This may be an issue ,maybe not ...But there seems in just the last couple of days an urgency from microsoft to get the word out ,that
you have got to do a intensive search of your OS for Spyware , Trojans,Virus's ,highjackers,,and they want you to start downloading
any and all remover software in order to clean your OS up ,before
installing SP2,In the last day or 2 ,So what they are saying is ,if you need to download 6 or 7 more spyware remover to be shure ...DO IT
before you download our newest service pack...so what does that tell ya ...lucky for me I have great foresight,and don't see install on any of my machines,in the foreseable future.lol

I have my OS ,XP PRO by itself on a 40 gig H/D it takes up a whopping
1.1 gig on that drive ,pagefile is on an 80 and knock on wood ,I have never gotten anything

anyway enough of that .lol

this i just threw in for you to look at :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=842242

This is for inproper program termination
Click Start, and then point to Settings. On the Settings submenu, click Control Panel.

In the Control Panel window, double-click Add/Remove Programs.

In the list of programs displayed, click Microsoft Office 2000, and then click Add/Remove. This will display the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance Mode window.

In the Microsoft Office 2000 Maintenance Mode window, click Repair Office, and then follow the instructions to reinstall Microsoft Office

This was taken from another OZZU post,the error # are starting to be fimiliar.thats good ,,A

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RebootRequired

key.

If the key exists - the message is generated by that brand new v5
update and it fails to work further causing [Error number:
0x8DDD0007].

I assume this key was set up in my registry long ago by the when the
old automatic update (taskbar version) was uploading a new software
and failing to install it.

The solution then is simple remove the key
\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RebootRequired

so there would be only

\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update

key without RebootRequired entry.

After I removed the key RebootRequired v5 update started to work
happily, and installed a new version of wuauclt.exe

Also I no for a fact that there are issues with office 2000,and SP2
and what it is ....is you are now getting to the point with SP2,you will really see this in longhorn....That you can't run OLD SOFTWARE)now that you installed SP2 ...they want you to run office XP.Same will happen with third party software as you start downloading updates and patches.

But on a good side ,there are always people out there that will figure out a way to hack SP2 till there's nothing left ,and get there stuff to run.
SP2 office 2000
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK -- I think I have your answer. Follow these instructions:

To resolve this error, register the Msxml3.dll file on your computer. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 Msxml3.dll, and then click OK two times.

I found that here if you want to read it first:

http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_883821.aspx

I knew I was close. Looks like the first variation would have been my solution. I'm pretty positive that this will work for you.

I'm not sure it will solve the office problem. Once you get to where you can do updates, run any current updates for Office 2000
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx (right column top right corner - click the link that says check for updates).
  • ed7oh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ed7oh

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you atno/tw, i tried that registry before and when i click ok it say's that the command is not reconized as a command. i will try again and see. i am away from that terminal at the moment but will do what i can to gain the knowlege that i need to beat this glitch. if you would keep working on this problem and i will keep going as well. thank all of you that are helping. eddie
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know what's really off-topic and funny. It really struck me when you ended your last post with eddie. The first time I saw your handle ed7oh, the first thought that popped into my mind (because I pronounced it in my head as edzo) was the Pittsburgh Penguins coach Eddie Olczyk (nickname EDZO).. You wouldn't happen to be the great Eddie Olczyk would you? *lol

-------
Back on topic. regsvr32 should be in c:\Windows\System32
Go to Windows Explorer and navigate there and make sure the file is there. If it is, it should work per my instructions unless you don't have your path to system32 set. (It should be there -- the fact that it is not recognized as a command is a concern - I'm on Windows 2000 at the moment and can't access XP until Monday to look, but that's where I assume it should be on XP).

Another way to try it is go to a Command prompt Start | Run | CMD

type ../ twice to fall back to the Root Directory c:
type cd windows
type cd system32
type regsvr32 Msxml3.dll

(the above assumes regsvr32.exe is in the system32 folder. If not we need to find out what happened to it.)
  • ed7oh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ed7oh

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guy, no i'm not the coach. sorry! just another eddie in the south. i'm going to be back at my computer sunday night. i will try what you have sujested and see if that will work. thank you again i am glad that i have found this site. i already feel like family. better than feeling like a little lost ball in the tall weeds. lol! see ya eddie.

ps. i will look for your messages and reply's.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good enough. Let us know where you're at after you try it. Enjoy some football tomorrow. (and *dangiit -- I was hoping to get a free season pass to Penguins games this year *lol)
  • ed7oh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ed7oh

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK GUY'S I AM here for a little while. i just tried every thing that you have given me and still have the problem. i do have the regsvr32.exe. i don't have regsvr32msxml3.dll. when i hit ok in the run window it say's check your spelling and try again. i have done that over and over again and still no luck. i went into cmd and typed what you told me to do it doesn/t reconize this as a internal or external command. what is going on here. it's just a sony viao.
ps. i forgot to say when i click on the regsvr32.exe it say's that windows can't open it. then of coarse it say's open with.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

You just typed this:
regsvr32msxml3.dll

you need to have the space between the two. Was that a typo here, or is that how you are typing it into run?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just reread this:
Quote:
i forgot to say when i click on the regsvr32.exe it say's that windows can't open it. then of coarse it say's open with.

That's a little odd. Normally if you click that in WIndows Explorer you get an alert message that it doesn't have a .dll to work with and gives you the paramaters you can use.

I'm wondering if your regsvr32.exe is defunct?
  • ed7oh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ed7oh

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey dude. that was a type o. but i kept putting it in and it finally succeded. i can get my updates , but the update that was given to me was for sp1 it say's that it is critical. i never heard of such a thing before so what should i do. download or not. eddie
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, that's some progress. I would expect you would have to reinstall some updates. I'd say it's quite OK to reinstall SP1. That should fix other things as well. Nice to see we're getting somewhere.
  • southcmft
  • Born
  • Born
  • southcmft
  • Loc: Ballina, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ran into the same problems with SP2, but i noticed it when my I kept downloading for a longggg time. Tried the original fix, this worked, but then too, I came up with a lot of needed SP1 upgrades. Tried to carry them through, but it froze after downloading them all and was in the process of initializing them. I think I'll just put up with the little red shield that tells me that I have my auto updates off.
  • southcmft
  • Born
  • Born
  • southcmft
  • Loc: Ballina, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I couldn't resist, I tried the update again. This time it wanted to reinstall all of SP2, so I'll just reinstall that from the disk I got from MS. This may have started because I removed and reinstalled Nero 6.3. This could have changed some shared file, but I really don't care to check out all the files. SP2 had worked fine until today, it had even done an update and co-exists with my old PC-Cillan.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts