Stuck in Safe Mode, But safe mode wont boot.

• sconvers7
  • Born
  • Born
  • sconvers7

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was having a problem booting up in safe mode. so my buddy decided that it would be a good idea to go to msconfig and check the boot up in safe mode check box. since safe mode didn't work to begin with im stuck in a boot up loop where the system (XP proffesional) will only boot up in safe mode. I need to know how I can eliminate that check in msconfig by using the recovery console that came with my Dell Recovery disk. I have tried every boot option in f8 menu and nothing works. Im about to reformat and start over, does anyone have any better suggestions? How do I edit the boot.ini file?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you say nothing works in F8, are you saying that you can't even get to a command prompt?
  • sconvers7
  • Born
  • Born
  • sconvers7

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
When you say nothing works in F8, are you saying that you can't even get to a command prompt?

Yes I cannot Boot from any of those options. Not safe w/network, not last known good config, nothing. I have made progress since. I was able to instal XP on another partition. I was able to get into windows and Im now online. How do I change the msconfig check box that directs my old OS to boot to safe mode? Im sure its a command prompt command, but I cant find any info on it. Im running the new XP pro on the H: Drive. I need to fix the C: so that it loads on normal mode. Any suggestions? I checked the Disk Management utility and it says that all of my partitions are healthy.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was thinking that you might be able to get to it using a Live CD. I was going to test it on my laptop but I ended up going out instead. I'll try to test it in the morning.

Does disk management show the C: drive when you boot to H: ? If it sees it, you maybe able to copy the one on the H: drive to the other partition & overwrite the one you modified.
  • RachidK
  • Born
  • Born
  • RachidK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Have you found a solution to your problem starting Windows.
Jai the same problem as you, I narrive more I connect (neither normal nor in safe mode) and change this after check loption msconfig in the window (BOOT.INI)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts