svc host error message & others What to do can't fix

• j2cool
  • Photographer
  • j2cool

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have posted about this problem before but I have new developments making matters worst.

I have a laptop I use wirelessly getting an Explorer.EXE - Application Error that says, "The instructionat "0x947b5003" referenced memory at"0x947b5003". The memory could not be read. I also have a Svchost.exe - application Error message that says, "The instruction at the same forementioned numbers could not be read. I tried following the below instructions to resolve it but when I got to the "click start" portion (of more instructions I did not include in the copy/past to avoid confusion), I got another error message that says, Services and Controller Application:
Serives and controller application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. There are three buttons (opt) "Debug, Send or Don't Send".

Here are the instructions:

[[b]b]Verify and Configure your Windows Update Service Settings.
Step 1 Click on the START button at the bottom left-hand corner of your desktop. Once the Start menu opens, click RUN and then type in "services.msc" in the text field. Click OK when you are done.

Step 2 Navigate to the Automatic Updates service in the right-hand pane and then double-click on it. Select the LOG ON tab. Now make sure that Local System Account is selected as the default logon account.

Step 3 Un-check the option labeled "Allow service to interact with desktop." Now go to the "Hardware Profile" section, also found under the "Log On tab." Enable this service.

Step 4 Click on the GENERAL tab. Verify that the start-up type is set to "Automatic." If not, use the drop-down menu to select this option.

Step 5Go to the "Service Status" section. Click on the START button to enable this service. Do the same thing for the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service." (or BITS)

No matter what I do or even not do it result in a system shutdown error message saying it going to computer is going to shut down in about 60 seconds. Even if I tried to log after giving up or the system freezing up, it won't even do that right. It may shut down but lately, it has been stuck (frozen) in middle of the "Windows shutting down" screen-saver looking page.

Side note: I did veryify and check my automatic update stuff. The above instructions are the ones that follow. I have been doing the system updates but I still can't anything going. I can't even upload hijackthis! Please somebody help! :!:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Download, update & run anti malware from malwarebytes.org
  • j2cool
  • Photographer
  • j2cool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
Download, update & run anti malware from malwarebytes.org

Thanks for the quick response and link. I can't get online. Will have any issues if I download the software from another computer i.e licensing or something like it? I have a desktop at home but it is really old. It doesn't have a USB drive (I hope I can download at my community college or local library) if I need to download from another computer. Unless you or someone can suggest a way for me to get around the Explorer.exe error so I can get online (get my browser to make the connection). I have a connect via wireless but one or more of these issue is prevent my computer itself to connect. I tried START>RUN>CMD>ping http://www.yahoo.com. It didn't work. Unplugging the router did get a connect but as foremention, the browser is not working. I think it is related to the all the other issues, right?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Connect the PC to the modem with a cat5 cable first. Can you get internet that way?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts