svchost.exe terminated, cant even get into safe mode

• cyt292
  • Born
  • Born
  • cyt292

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Everyone

I found this forum while googling around for information on svchost.exe and I see it has been covered here before. Unfortunately the solutions offered all require more access to the computer that I cannot gain.

I was installing silverlight for my mother on her laptop, it was frozen on 99% installed so I opened task manager and noticed it was running at 100% CPU, taken up by svchost.exe then it crashed, it gave me a message saying along the lines of the system will restart in 10, 9, 8

Now, it turns on, displays the packard bell screen then says something along the lines of "No bootable disk in ATAPI(?something like this) CD-ROM" then goes back to the packard bell screen and flashes between these 2 screens the whole time. I can get into bios (but have no idea what to do once I am in there) and I can get it to prompt me to start in safe mode but once I choose safe mode it goes back to "No bootable disk in ATAPI(?something like this) CD-ROM". I can also get it to prompt me to restore the system (I pressed F12 or F11 I think) but again I chose system restore and it goes back to "No bootable disk in ATAPI(?something like this) CD-ROM"

I am totally lost and its not my laptop so I would like to try and save it, does anyone have any ideas???
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What operating system is it XP Home, XP Pro Vista? and do you have the Operating CD that came with the computer?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts