Symatec AntiVirus 8.0 Corporate Edition on win 2003?

• ineedu4eva
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ineedu4eva
  • Loc: kh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear all,

i try to intall the Symantec AntiVirus 8.0 Corporate Edition on Ms windows server 2003 enterprise edition box (with has been install ms ms exchange 2003 enterprise edition already) , but it disable the "
Deploy antivirus server" and "Deploy Antivirus client to NT/Win2000/XP" function. :(
I can install the Administrator Tools (Symantec System Center, symantec Packager, Central Quantine, Quantine Console, Live Update Administrator.)

it seems it doesnot support with the ms win server 2003, but it work fine with my windows 2000 server.

any help would be appreciating.
thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't know off the top of my head, but I'm glad you brought this up. I'll be doing a server upgrade later this month and will need to know the answer to this myself. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I'm in luck, but you're not. Version 8.0 is not supported on any Windows 2003 platforms according to Symantec. Support begins with V8.1 which is what I have.

The article from Symantec about it <a href="http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/9d94c8571a91ba4788256bf3007f62b5/2a1052d375b731a788256cd30063548d?OpenDocument&prod=&ver=&pcode=&src=&miniver=&tpre=&prev=&dtype=">HERE</a>.
  • ineedu4eva
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ineedu4eva
  • Loc: kh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you. i am not luck enoungh

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts