SYS PREP Win XP

• D_A
  • D_A

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm currently a an IT student, we were given inclass tasks to complete which involved SysPrep. Our teacher doesnt like helping us student, espcially us girls in the class. He walks out of the class when we need help. Either that or he ignores us.

I was hoping if i typed up the tasks to be completed and what we have to do with SysPrep as far as i understand maybe someone here could help. (Not even the smart guys in the class know how to use SysPrep, we weren't taught). We need this for our assessment next week.

Tasks to be Completed

1) Check BIOS Standard
2) Create workstation boot disk
3) Agree on network settings (IP Address, Computer Name, Domain/Workgroup/Components Installed)
4) Agree on naming convention
5) Install XP
6) Create users
7) Configure XP (screensaver, background, user accounts)
8) Run 'SysPrep' on workstations
9) Create image of the workstations
10) Create 'SysPrep.INF'
11) Provide user documentation (teachers, students)
12) Test the System and document results.

- - - - - - - - -

Ok those are the tasks that we need to do. I thought i put them up incase the helped with my question.

We have a 'cluster' of one server and three workstation in which we have to build an our customized image of the computer onto a removable hard drive. We used Ghost to image our computers etc, we have WinXP Pro as our O/S on the workstations. The only thing left we need to do is sysprep all three workstations using a workstation boot disk or something. When we run SysPrep it doesnt work on the workstations.

Does anyone know what i'm talkin about lol? I hope someone can help in this dilema.

The whole class has no idea what we're doing with SysPrep, the teacher doesnt seem to care. (And yes we did think about complaining but we have an assessment next week so we will complain after that)

If anyone can help with this it would my much appreciated.

regards,
D_A[/list]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• D_A
  • D_A

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really need help with this, a reply would be appreciated thanks
  • stone
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • stone

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a link to sysprep info

http://search.microsoft.com/search/resu ... qu=sysprep

Ken
  • D_A
  • D_A

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol thanx but that was the FIRST site we looked at amongst a zillion others. Anyways someone got it work,..thru trial and error, assessment is over anyway.
  • jfvb1225
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good! Trial and error and experience by doing is the best way to learn. IMHO. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts