TCP/IP Network Tranport not installed?

• pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got corruption on my pc with all my browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox) and could not connect to the Internet. I am running Windows XP Pro with DSL using TCP/IP. The browser kept saying can't resolve host and would not display any pages. I ran the Microsft Guided Help exe which was supposed to fix Winsock and clear the problem. It crashed half way through reestablishing Winsock and now I get the error message "TCP/IP Network Transport not installed". I guess it erased everything and died before setting everything up again. I can't find anything on how to install/clear this latest problem. Does anyone know how and where one installs the TCP/IP Network Transport? I don't want to touch anything until I get some advice and not make things worse. Thank for your help in advance, all suggestions welcome. :cry:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right Click My Network Places.
Select Properties

If you are hardwired your network connection should be named "Local Area Connection" If you are wireless it should be named "Wireless Network connection"

Right click the appropriate one.
Select Properties.
Click Install
Click Protocol

Find TCP/IP and click through the remainder of the install. Reboot.
  • pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

For some reason this wasn't getting the job done. I found a little app on the Internet called "WinsockxpFix.exe". According to the Developer (Freewear) it clears and resets the Register and wipes out any LSP's. It rebooted, no more error messages and I'm now online! I really didn't expect this result, I might have got lucky, but now to see what other damage was done. Thanks for your quick reply and suggestion.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I've used that a couple times myself when the first method doesn't work. Glad you got it fixed.
  • ppwilkes1
  • Born
  • Born
  • ppwilkes1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you everyone for the info. I installed an antivirus app provided by my cable company and I got the "TCP/IP network transport is not installed" error. I ran the Winsockxpfix freeware and it repaired my problem.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts