tech question about buying a new laptop

• franciskenz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • franciskenz

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi hope you could help me in my small problem,anyways im planning to buy a laptop but i im still confused,but i want the brand my laptop to be "hp" so i also want a laptop who has large memmory,,now here's my question... How can I know the size of the memmory of the laptop???Is it b RAM???so the bigger RAM the bigger memmory size???or Simply I just want to know if how many GB is there in the laptop...Like in the PC in System C: there's like ___GB and also Drive E:___GB Drive G:__GB Drive F:__GB

thanks!!hope you could help me!
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's a difference between memory (RAM) and storage (hard drive space). More RAM will enable you to run more applications at once and will often make things run smoother. More hard drive space will allow you to store larger quantities of data, such as documents, music, movies, etc.

Which is more important depends on what you intend to use the laptop for.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

RAM and Hard Drive space is both measured in GB.

Considering it is almost impossible to get XP anymore you are going to need at least 2GB of RAM to run Windows Vista (you can get away with 1GB but you will be better off with 2GB).

Hard drives can be up to 320GB on HP laptops. So it all depends on how much stuff you plan on storing.
  • franciskenz
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • franciskenz

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks at least i have some ideas,,so I want both (MORE RAM AND MORE HARD DRIVE SPACE) thanks a lot...
but i you can till give some more ideas go on and tell it would help me a lot,,,

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts