My 'temp internet files' folder goes crazy everytime i open

• Bootable
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

my browser.

it's been my habit to clear my cookies,temp internet files folder when i'm done surfing the web then i shut down my machine.
but lately, whenever i open a browser and immediately check my cookies/temp internet files,...it's filled with LOTS of cookies and stuffs. i dont even visit the sites associated with the cookies. can somebody explain this mystery to me? how/who is putting all the unwanted/unvisited cookies in my temp internet folder?????
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

you either have spyware or you are forgetting the fact that your homepage has lots of cookies too! what i do is i close everything then right click the Explorer icon and then click internet properties. Then i click clear history, delete files and delete cookies, bam!, done then i shut off.
also to help go to temporary internet files/settings then change the amount of disc space used to 1mb.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Internet Explorer buttons to clear cookies and temp files don't do the best job. It also creates a new temp folder for any browser instance you open in a new window.

It's not foolproof, but manually delete all folders and files in the Temporary Internet Files folder under your User in Windows Explorer. You may get an alert prompt that deleting the .dat file in each folder is a system file and if you delete it, blah, blah, blah...It's safe to delete. It's also safe to delete the folders (except for the Temporary Internet Files one and the Content.IE5 one.

Internet Explorer will recreate new folders and .dat files when you open a new browser instance.

After deleting the files empty your recycle bin.
  • Bootable
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you y'all. i'll follow your advice.

and oh this url -
"http://69.31.79.102/index.html" replaced my home page url. even tho i change it back to my home page url, it comes back after a reboot. it's very annoying. someone posted a similar problem scenario in another thread. it talked about about finding and modifying the offending url in the registry. i have to clean up my registry. [/fade]
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

download ad-adware (search for it in google) and scan deeply for spyware.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts