Terminal Server Driver incorrect after virus attack

• pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Earlier this week Avast let me down and let a virus get through. According to the web their were others that got hit, too. I saw it happen when my java console popped open and shortly later Process Explorer that I keep in the tray went to 100% CPU. FYI, Spybot found three attacks: Virtumonde_prx, PWS_small_bs and Nurech. I shut down the net and was able to clean up all the garbage. Repeated runs of Avast (wich was later claimed to be fixed) and Spybot found nothing and my CPU useage had returned to normal with no strange processors running. I shut the machine down and when I cold booted it up this morning got the following blue screen:

TERMINAL_SERVER_DRIVER_MADE_INCORRECT_REFERENCE

I think that either the virus or the cleanup did some damage. The problem is this is the worst I've been hit with so far. The machine won't boot into Safe Mode and obviously crashes.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get this sucker up and running and recommendations about what I should be looking to fix.

Thanks for your help, all suggestions welcome.

:banghead:

PS: Running Windows XP, patched with all fixes up-to-date
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you try any of the other options in the F8 menu? Last known good config, would be the first.
  • pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the fast reply. Its up and running! I never used this F8 Last good config before so am not sure exactly what it did. Do I have to do anything more to fix this Terminal server issue before closing down? Is the system up to date or do I have to updatee anything else? I have System Processor running now and TeaTimer and it is all looking good. I appreciate your suggestion, glad I didn't just charge into it myself. Thanks again!
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Download, update & run anti malware from malwarebytes.org to make sure the machine is clean. You might want to run hijack this, as well.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts