that DVD Regional setting!! I hate it!!

• Frankish
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everybody...I'm trying to watch this DVD it's on the first region...xcept that my computer is set on region 2. I made the change 4 weeks ago and still had 4 time still the change was permanent.
Usually the change is automatically done with a warning...here since I can only read the DVD with "InterActual Player" it doesn't...i have to do it myself... it says "change your regional setting"

go to start > Control panel > Date, Time, Language and regional options > regional and Languages options ...
and from that point on...I have no clue what to do because nothing happens. I got three options: Regionals Options, Languages and Advanced.

On regional options (first option) I'm on English (United States).

Then further down I got "simples" with Number, Currency, Time, Short date, long date....
...and at last a location box set on United States.

SO am I on the right page?

It might be a really simple thing to do...but damn!! I can't do it...

ps: I'm on windows xp....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No. Right click My Computer. Select properties. Go to Device Manager. Expand DVD/CDROM Drives and right click your DVD drive. Select properties. Select Advanced Settings. Change your region there.
  • Frankish
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
No. Right click My Computer. Select properties. Go to Device Manager. Expand DVD/CDROM Drives and right click your DVD drive. Select properties. Select Advanced Settings. Change your region there.

Thanks a lot ATNO/TW...it worked!! You're definitively the best in Ozzu!
Thanks again
Frankish
  • Williams_2004
  • Born
  • Born
  • Williams_2004
  • Loc: South Wales

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, can anyone help me, do u know where i can get a tool to change my regional settings on my dvd player, i know such a tool excists but no matter what i do i cant find.

My regional settings are currently set on region 2 and i cant change it again because i have already used my last and only chance to change it, any help on this matter would be really appreciated,

Thanks
Williams
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, but once your 4 times is up, that's all you are allowed. We do not support discussions about circumventing these measures. You'll have to take your search elsewhere.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

While we don't condone or support circumvention of things like this, as ATNO said.

Personally I think it's absolutely outrageous that the DVD-Rom drive manufacturers could produce drives that can make you potentially render your hardware useless to you by limiting region changes like this.
  • Williams_2004
  • Born
  • Born
  • Williams_2004

Post 3+ Months Ago

Basically your saying, that you know the software excists you just dont want to tell me where to get it because your company will be losing money. Thats all it is about isnt it, fckin money
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

who said anything about money? the point is, circumventing the protection measures in hardware and software is illegal. That's what it's about. We don't allow illegal discussions on Ozzu, regardless of how we personally feel about it.
  • jupiter
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: is my favourite word after subterfuge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ozzu seems to repeatedly attract the ' illegal money saving' posts. There are plenty of forums out there that would answer this for you.

But you won't get such sincerity elsewhere!

Ozzu, we love you, Ozzu we do.
  • Williams_2004
  • Born
  • Born
  • Williams_2004

Post 3+ Months Ago

WHat the hell are you on about, i didnt ask for money saving ideas, i just asked where i could get a tool that will help me reset my regional settings, i have only ever been given one chance to do it, i didnt have 5 chances or 4 chances i had 1 CHANCE, i know the tool excisits because i have heard of people using it, i would glady pay for the tool if i had to, i just need it to reset my regional settings
  • jupiter
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: is my favourite word after subterfuge

Post 3+ Months Ago

From Microsoft....

"When you reach the limit of changes that are allowed, you cannot reset the limit by reinstalling Windows 2000. Contact the manufacturer of your DVD-ROM drive to find out if you can reset the region. Presetting the default region can be done by a DVD-ROM drive manufacturer or Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). For more information about how to set the default region and other region issues, refer to the following Microsoft Web site: "

http://www.microsoft.com/developer/tech ... region.htm
  • Williams_2004
  • Born
  • Born
  • Williams_2004

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont use the OS 2000 i use Win XP,
The OS win 2000 and win xp have different configuration settings and the patches and tools that you use for them are not always compatible with both OS's.

So this makes ur statement invalid
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

No it doesn't. Either way, it says talk to the manufacturer of the drive.

So, go do that.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts