Triple monitors

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know i can hook up three monitors to my laptop that part is simple and I'm really close to hooking up such a setup for my work computer, just because i can lol. The thought i had is three touch screen monitors. dose anyone know if that is possible or would it freak the laptop out lol.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure what you mean by "freak the laptop out". As long as you have enough video memory to handle it and a way to physically connect three displays, there shouldn't be a problem.
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as the video display is concerned i believe it will run it. it is the whole touch screen thing i have questions. I've not worked with touch screen before, except for tablets and phones, but it would seem like each screen would act as a mouse given three screens and a wired mouse would make four mice on one system. lol I've never tried to run that many mice before.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

The screens are interpreted as input devices but not at mice. Windows interprets touch devices differently. 3 touch screen monitors should be fine. I've run a touch screen and a Wacom tablet at the same time with no adverse effects.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Exactly. The only issues I've ever heard of related to this are all driver-related, so just make sure your display drivers are up-to-date and you're good to go.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts