solved!UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio problem

• Bakeneko
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bakeneko

Post 3+ Months Ago

*edit*Well, we just got SoundMAX and everything is running better than Cubase itself as it was on the old PC. To mods, thank you and feel free to delete/lock the topic :3 :3

Okay guys.. big tough time.
A couple of days ago, I got a new PC with Intel processor and better soundcard accordingly. Everything else is OK, the last thing I can't seem to overcome is the new audio stuff. Which is very frustrating since I'm an (amateur) musician and can't get things I've used for years to work on this new card/device/driver.

My former PC (which is still functional but in terrible condition, it's over 13 years old) had an Athlon AMD and had this SiS 7012 Wave mixer thingy with so so many useful options. (You can check screencaps for comparison, links at bottom). Now, I know I have to bid that hardware farewell. but I desparately need the new PC to recognize my microphone (in Mic-In), keyboard (in Line-In) in the back jacks and anything like Stereo Mix for recording.

So, we have this Microsoft UAA Function Driver for High Definition Audio Adi 1986. I know the back jacks are working (hence front ones are disabled) since I get sound output from the headphones jack. But.. I spent two days on Google reading and doing everything.. it does not record neither from Line-In, nor Mic-In.. I don't even hear it.

The funny thing is, I have this Logitec USB Headset which works plugged into the one front USB port.. but.. it's no good for vocals recording, you know.

So. As far as I get it, there is some way to "unlock" advanced controls for these HD Audio render and HD Audio capture; something about opening the PC box and finding some soundcard (?) serial and then going to some website and so on.. >_< I've talked to my technician but he's extremely busy so I'd be happy to solve this myself and not burden him with the serial stupid of me ignorance after all he did (putting this awesome PC together from scratch, for starters XD)

In brief, how do I make them work and how can I get any Stereo-Mix-like recording option? I'm willing to post any OS/hardware/software etc. details if needed, seems like this is a common problem but with different sources. Thanks in advance!

http://img266.imageshack.%20us/img266/7290/sis7012waveplayandrecor.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.%20us/img28/8158/hdaudiorender.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.%20us/img441/2918/hdaudiocapture.jpg
http://img10.imageshack.%20us/img10/8013/hdaudiocap1.jpg
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had issues with Windows 7 and microphones. I've never been able to get it to work properly. You didn't mention which version of Windows you are running though.

Check out these Google results, maybe you can find a solution somewhere in there.
  • Bakeneko
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bakeneko

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
I have had issues with Windows 7 and microphones. I've never been able to get it to work properly. You didn't mention which version of Windows you are running though.

Oww that's too bad.. And sorry, I forgot;
it's Windows XP pro 2002.

A silly guess I just thought.. it's HD, meaning maybe analog jacks won't work, maybe I need to connect USBs? I don't have such cables to test though. And even if that works, the Stereo Mix thingy remains a problem.. I Googled small softwares and additional applications supposed to do the same thing like a stereo mix rec but to no avail.

*EDIT:
Hmm.. I wonder if this Realtek HD Audio Manager/Codec(btw is CNet legit? or should I search for a legit version of this software?) thing would work.. It has a driver but if I install it, will it show up as a separate driver or straight replace the old one? so confusing

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts