Unwanted programme Interuption .. please help

• alanhull
  • alanhull

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a HP Pavillion laptop 6331 for just over a year. I have Norton 360 installed which appears to be working ok and says my system is protected. However, a few days ago I got a message pop up which saysSpyware has been found, another page opens and says my pc is probably infected with the latest version of Spyware.Cyberlog-X and idicates that others users can monitor my activity and slow down the system. The boxs are very difficult to close down and they encourage me to click ok download anti-spyware software. The agreement wants me to give credit card details and sign up for a year after 7 days trial. I dont think I need this or want it as my pc appears to be protected ok with my Norton 360. How can I stop the pop keep returning, after I close it down it opens up again with a security alert flashing yellow triangle on the bottom menu bar saying my pc is infected. Its very irritating and I would like to get rid of it, it pops up probably every 10 minutes and is driving me nuts .. please help
  • Craig_85

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never believe those anti-spyware programs that are available in the internet. Also when you install more than one anti-virus it may rise conflict.

WORKAROUND
Boot through safemode clear unnecessary programs from the startup and restart the comp, also if u get any pop-ups while opening webpages run hijackthis that will resolve this issue most of the times. If you can provide exact name of the antispyware thats popping out i can provide you better workaround.
  • alanhull
  • alanhull

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the advice. Problem is, I am a relative novice at all this IT stuff. Not sure how I 'boot through safe mode' from the start up. I typed in Safe mode in the search from the start munu and it revelaed Mozilla Firefox .. not sure that was what I should be looking for so stopped and thought I contact you again for more specific instructions.

In terms of the message that pops up it starts with a yellow triangle at the bottom toolbar and starts by saying 'System Alert: Torjan - Spy.Win32@mx' Moving further on opening some of the windows which also pop up without me opening them. it runs a system scan and says I have 14 trheats being attacked notified by Antipsyware PROXP Alert. Expert Antivirus - infiltration alert. They list the 14 threats as:
Win32/Rboot.1DN - critical located in Memory
Win32.Grams.1 - Critical located in memory
Win32.Zasil - High located in memory
Lineage ABQ - Critical located in memory
Win32/Vundo.EV - V high located in Registry
Win32/Peroan Familtty - Critical located in Registry
CNNVIC update U - V High located in Registry
Gentee - Medium loacted in Registry
Trojan.PSW.Bario.305 - High located in Registry
Win32/Nuget.E - High located in Registry
Family Cyber Alert - High located in Files
Atztecmarketing.syspy - Medium located in Foles
Cinmus - Medium lcated in Files
Baigoo - Medium located in Files

Any help most welcome please but remember I am a complete novice so step by step instruction most appreciated.

many thanks
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Read and follow this post

mswindows-forum/steps-take-before-posting-your-hijack-this-log-t34568.html

On a side note, to get into Safe Mode, restart your PC and press the F8 key during the boot process. If you did it correctly you will get a list. One of the items in the list will be Safe Mode.
  • alanhull
  • alanhull

Post 3+ Months Ago

rhanx. I have now re-run my Norton 360 soing a clean sweep and after two runs it seems to have picked up Torjan as a threat and cleared the problem...so far !!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts