Virtual memory message error

• mouhyi
  • Born
  • Born
  • mouhyi

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a problem with the vertual memory even i done the augmentation of my physical memory(ram) but the message of missing the vertual memory still apearing i have 195 Mo of RAM can you help me please Thank you
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okayy, First off a few questions.

1. What Operating system are you using?
2. If Windows XP, do you have all the visual styles turned on?
3. Do you have the Virtual Memory settings to allow Windows to manage it?
4. When you say the message saying it is missing do you mean the message saying it has run out of virtual memory and is increasing the size of the virtual memory?

Thats all the questions I can think of.

Thanks
Alkatr0z
  • summerset7
  • Born
  • Born
  • summerset7

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alkatr0z wrote:
Okayy, First off a few questions.

1. What Operating system are you using?
2. If Windows XP, do you have all the visual styles turned on?
3. Do you have the Virtual Memory settings to allow Windows to manage it?
4. When you say the message saying it is missing do you mean the message saying it has run out of virtual memory and is increasing the size of the virtual memory?

Thats all the questions I can think of.

Thanks
Alkatr0z
I keep getting the error message that I am out of memory when trying to use word perfect. I use windows XP . How do you have the Virtual Memory settings allow Windows to manage it? the message says it has run out of virtual memory and is increasing the size of the virtual memory but the whole computer freezes up & nothing happens from that point on. Can you Please help me?? I don't know how to access windows xp to even try to manage anything or settings.
  • WoRd Of WiSdOm
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Riverside,California

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have noticed that spyware,adaware can rob you of your virtual memory to the point of the os moving like it has 2 megs of ram even if it has 512. run hijack this and post your log for inspection
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

By default, Windows manages virtual memory. Unless you have changed this setting then it should be okay. Something is definitely using up your ram causing windows to allocate more virtual memory than originally anticipated.

It could be the result of spyware/adware or to many programs running simultaneosly.

Posting a hijack this log would allow us to see what's running on your system and reveal any spyware or malware.

Download the latest version of Hijack This:
http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

Extract Hijack This from the zip file and place it in its own folder. Run Hijack this, click scan, click save log and post that log here.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts