Virus from fake Adobe photoshop torrent

• jinsoo93
  • Born
  • Born
  • jinsoo93

Post 3+ Months Ago

I Dont have a security program or any virus killing programs so I couldnt detect it that the file was a virus one and i thought it was Adobe Photoshop from a torrent so i installed it and it was a virus that has made my time start at 15:00 and next to it ,it says VIRUS ALERT!
then every now and then it tries to get me to download things to erase it though little pop ups and stuff then it disables the task manager and regedit installs some programs in my computer that "look" like virus killing programs It hides 2 of my Hardisks and it hides "all programs" at my start menu. I have gone far enough to open up task manager bring my 2 hard disks back make regedit work and deleted the files from where i installed it from and im in the process of making a "hijackthis" log post.
If anyone has had this problem and fixed it can you please help me by pming me
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, to be honest, there's probably not too many people here that are going to be interested in helping you, primarily because most here will feel like you got what you deserved. First for trying to illegally obtain Photoshop, and second for not being smart enough to have a virus program installed.

If you're willing to uninstall your torrent and quit using them, and follow the instructions in this post maybe somebody might try to offer some advice.

Read This:
mswindows-forum/steps-take-before-posting-your-hijack-this-log-t34568.html
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL that's why I never use torrents, limewire, etc... That stuff is garbage and it will ruin your computer. :)
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope that you are aware that even seemingly good pirated apps have been tampered with and contain viruses that go undetected hidden nicely within the app despite virus checking software. So yeah, you got what you paid for.
  • AnarchY SI
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: /usr/src/MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:
So yeah, you got what you paid for.

rofl. not exactly, the OP kind of got much m0re than what was 'paid' for ;]

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts