Vista and the need to use the desktop R-click menu "refresh

• JimB
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most of the time (1 out of 2) when I've copied or pasted an item t/t desktop it isn't visible right away.
Only when I've used the refresh R-click option on the desktop it becomes visible.
When copying multiple items it's the same. Nothing visible until I use refresh.
When copying/pasting an itenm to an open folder it can happen too. Is this one of the Vista annoyances I just have to live with ? And is a Core2Duo 2,1Ghz en 3Gb RAM for a Vista Premium OS not enough LOL :evil: :evil: .

BTW I never ever encountered such a problem with my old XP OS and that PC had only 1Ghz CPU and 512 Mb RAM
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have never experience that problem. Not sure what it could be. Very odd.
  • JimB
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Me neither on my XP. Could be the video card of course (Lenovo laptop).
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I run Vista on 3 Dell Laptops and an old desktop and have never experienced what you are.
  • JimB
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171 wrote:
I run Vista on 3 Dell Laptops and an old desktop and have never experienced what you are.
Well sorry, I've posted the same problem on another forum and they've encountered it too, but only from time to time, and they assumed it was a Vista bug. It could be that you guys have not many icons on the desktop. I usually have some 80 to 100 icons on my desktop. So perhaps if you had more it could happen to you too.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I keep my desktop very clean, usually no more than 5 icons. So it very well could be a Vista bug regarding the amount of crap on the desktop.
  • JimB
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Explains alot. I'm a very busy person, so I barely have the time to sort my crap out and move it to different folders. When my complete desktop is cleaned out I always have some 50 icons on it that I never move. I've always worked that way, and believe me it saves quite some time. You've sorted your crap out I guess and moved it away from the desktop.

I'm always amazed when on forums ppl show their desktop. So I think by myself: now we're gonna see what they're doing. Instead all we get to see most of the time are wallpapers with barely a few icons.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts