vista blue screens

• deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

i formatted vista today cuz iw as getting lots of blue screens and some are back only 3 today there were

wpn11.sys

usbhub.sys (i think)

and

irql_not_equal_or_less

i read the the last one is to do with ram i have a dual port thingy one with 2 GB 667 ddr2 and in the second channel x2 512 mb ddr2 557 or summit

is that gonna make problems or not, becuz they are in different channels :S

also the first one is the driver for my wireless usb

:edit my computer is total upto date :
  • Son_of_Thunder
  • Born
  • Born
  • Son_of_Thunder
  • Loc: Western Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd say the RAM not being identical in specs is more worrying than the sticks not being the same size. That being said your motherboard should scale down the faster of the two to match the slower. I would try running memtest to see if either of the sticks is bad, but with the errors you're getting I would look more into the area of a driver incompatibility. Since you're receiving errors on both the usb hub and your wireless USB adapter, I would first try updating the drivers for your wireless. If that does not work, try updating your motherboard drivers.

If they're available, try the wireless drivers on Windows Update, oddly enough there's some Vista problems with a few of the older nVidia cards and the only fix I could find was using the drivers on wupdate.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts