Vista 2 explorer's + Explorer.EXE

• LINE71X
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • LINE71X

Post 3+ Months Ago

Doing routine scanning used spybot for the first time in a long time and you know how you can see running processes from inside

Well apparently i saw 2 explorer.exe's, And the other had a .EXE in caps, nothing bad i suppose just a bug from spybot i hope? I ended the one with .EXE and basically it ended well and then i restarted spybot to try and replicate the error but with no luck, the 2 explorer's showed also in taskmanager, hmm but yea it was just something that got me PONDERING since i hate malware and troubleshooting is one of my things so i just had to post and figure out what caused it.

Sysinternals processmon made me see explorer.exe and Explorer.exe both have the same PID but why does one have an UPPERCASE E compared to the lower case? Sigh it's things like these that make me tick
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen the upper & lower case thing before. I was never really sure why but if I search for explorer.exe, it appears in lower case in the windows folder but in upper case in the pebuilder folder. I tried to create a live windows CD. So, I think the case depends on what process is associated with it.

If you think there is some malware, download, update & run anti malware from malwarebytes.org
  • LINE71X
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • LINE71X

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
I've seen the upper & lower case thing before. I was never really sure why but if I search for explorer.exe, it appears in lower case in the windows folder but in upper case in the pebuilder folder. I tried to create a live windows CD. So, I think the case depends on what process is associated with it.

If you think there is some malware, download, update & run anti malware from malwarebytes

I did system comes up clean, actually in taskmanager i notce 2 explorer.exes running normally, google searches all over the net does not PIN POINT
the problem

so i guess i'm going to sail with it
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried google too. I don't know if it really is a problem. I wouldn't worry about it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts