[Vista] vista home premium 64bit resolution unknown change

• LINE71X
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • LINE71X

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok this is a desktop from bestbuy, got it new like 2 months ago. I've used it for over 25 days and it was fine. I went on vacation and well my family also uses my pc

I come home and they tell me something is wrong with the screen the letters are big and etc...I tell them let me take a look

I take a look and see the resolution was changed...I asked any of them if they changed the resolution and etc and they all denied and trust me they aren't pulling my leg, they know how serious i am.

So anyway i switched the resolution back to normal. and ive scanned with dr web cureit and it found trojan.wma.loader inside some mp3s but i dont see how that would cause my screen resolution to change and yes we use limewire.

Ok but on to subject, I absolutely don't see how my screen resolution can change...

Well i am using ATI RADEON HD 3200 which was stock and i haven't changed anything on this pc.

I am just dying in paranoia right now trying to wonder how it happened. one of my siblings did change the desktop wallpaper to something huge but i dont see how it can change my resolution

Normal resolution is suppose to be 1680 x 1050 and it was set at 1360 x 768.

I know it doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but its really bugging me
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure but. Perhaps the driver stopped responding and it went to a lower resolution for software graphics mode for a short time and didn't return to normal when the drivers restarted. I used to get that with my old Radeon x600 card, but I havn't had it with my nvidia cards when they stop responding (changes back to 1280x1024 after they respond).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts