Vista Problem!

• mmukhaimer
  • Born
  • Born
  • mmukhaimer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I purchased a new Sony Vaio (one of those slim ones 11.1" LCD, and its NOT Intel Core 2 Duo). Windows Vista Included. My problem is that the computer is super slow! anytime i click on an icon, it takes forever to open, and that icon that tells u the computer is running (working) is always blinking, even when i'm doing nothing at all! i took it to sony, they checked it, said its 100% ok. I was told by friends of mine that Vista is whats causing my laptop to slow down. Is that true? if yes can i change it to XP now?
What is the solution?
Thank u all and please bare in mind, i'm not an IT guy or someone with great computer knowledge, i'm just a user.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vista is a resource hog and requires some processing power and memory to run smoothly. One thing you can do is open up task manager and see what processes are running and how much CPU they are using. You can right click the task bar and click on Task Manager to open it.

As far as going back to XP, yes you can. You will need to purchase XP and then install it which will require you to format your hard drive. If that is something you want to do then I would backup any important files prior to formatting.
  • mmukhaimer
  • Born
  • Born
  • mmukhaimer

Post 3+ Months Ago

The thing is, sometimes when my computer is slow, i go to task manager to see whats holding it up, but i usually find nothing. meaning no active program running.

So do u agree that i should go back to XP? Will it solve the problem? i need a solution, cause its sad that i bought this new slim laptop, but have it so slow! evertime i want to open up a document (specially in front of friends, etc) it takes forever, and i keep getting the same question, "Why is it so slow????"! Depressing!
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

how much ram do you have and whats the speed of you CPU?

a dual core at 2.1 GHz and 1 GB runs vista fine
  • mmukhaimer
  • Born
  • Born
  • mmukhaimer

Post 3+ Months Ago

My computer specs: Intel Core Solo. 1.33GHz
Memory: 1014mb
System Type: 32 bit operating system.
Its one of those ultra slim laptops.
I really don't know what to do here? i hate the fact that its slow!!!!
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Upgrade the RAM or switch to XP. Those are your only options.
  • Devil_666
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Albany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change your Operating Syetem from Vista to XP. Vista uses such kind of AJAX technology which uses the most speed of your processor and makes your system slow forever.

So, don't get penic and change it to XP.

Roger.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Devil_666 wrote:
Vista uses such kind of AJAX technology which uses the most speed of your processor and makes your system slow forever.

Huh? :scratchhead:
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

just what i was thinking spork lol

i have vista and mine has never run slow even when i only had 1 GB of RAM, although i get random blue screens it runs fast in between them :P
  • Devil_666
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Albany

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Devil_666 wrote:
Vista uses such kind of AJAX technology which uses the most speed of your processor and makes your system slow forever.

Huh? :scratchhead:

Spork don't think about it because i exactly don't know the name of this technology. So, i just use this name AJAX. Mind it i also have the same OS.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts