Vista sound problem!

• Danny1337
  • Student
  • Student
  • Danny1337
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just installed a clean install of vista, and I noticed that I only get 2.1 sound. I have a TerraTec 5.1 FUN PCI sound card, which I installed the drivers for. I connect my speaker system to the soundcard using three 3.5mm jacks. When I play a test sound, all the speakers makes a sound, but elsewhere I only get 2.1 sound! Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Here's a picture of my settings http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3540/aureon.jpg
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

So when you do all of the testing to see if you have everything hooked up right everything is fine?

Is it games and movies you are having issues with?
  • Danny1337
  • Student
  • Student
  • Danny1337
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well yeah basically everything. The speaker I click on in the speaker setup does make a sound, however, Music/itunes/YouTube/games and such only plays sound through the front speakers and subwoofer
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is really odd. It could possibly be that some of them are not setup for 5.1. From my game playing days I know that there are sound options and you may just need to tell the game you have 5.1. Other than that I am not really sure what to tell you.
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

when you installed the sound drivers you will get an option in the control panel as the sound manager. click on this icon and set the type of the speaker.

you can set the sound here also as bass, treble and many options related to sound .

you can also select the speaker type from the sound and device optiions . set the speakers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts