Ad-Watch Problem

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just got a new computer... (Well, a used computer that works a ton faster than my older one), and it has an Ad-Watch running on it... I don't have a problem with that but I have plugged in two external hard-drives into the computer and I'm trying to access them.

That is kind of hard right now because the Ad-Watch gives me an alert that it has blocked me because it thinks it is some kind of a virus/trojan type thing. How could I fix that?
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would delete the Ad-Watch and get one that doesnt bug me so much...... haha. In my opinion, Ad-Watch programs should be silently runing in the background and taking care of little things that might have annoyed me. Not so darn sensitive that they block my external HD.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I will remove Ad-Watch and install MJ Registry Watcher and some other watcher...

Thanks for the advice... I just thought that maybe someone knows about Ad-Watch and there was a setting in Ad-Watch that I missed or something like that...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the computer is yours now why not just wipe it clean and start fresh?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is clean... before I got the computer, the computer was wiped clean... completely reinstalled and a few programs that are alien to the regular install CD were installed... with Ad-Watch one of them.

It says that the drive I'm trying to open is Win32.TrojanPWS.Magania, which it is not. It could be because my drive has some default program in it that relates to the drive, but I'm pretty sure every external drive has that thing.

I'm just going to remove Ad-Watch completely.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts