Web Server Setup

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK so I'm currently setting up a web server on a windows 2012 server (virtual). Windows was chosen as the platform due to some network share options needed to add more space ....

So here's the thing I usually figure this stuff out after I post it I'm hoping the same happens again but. I do not currently have access to VB software to try to compile PHP I do need php with some PECL packages in it current need is the ssh2_connect. I've made servers before and did this by installing Apache -> PHP -> MySQL ... Which i'm getting ready to try to do soon. However this time I went with XAMPP hoping that it would contain what i needed. which no, no it doesn't.

I have found the correct build for the ssh2 extension and added the dll to the ext folder in which the php.ini extensions path points to. I also added the libssh2.dll every where I can think of (php root, ext folder, system32 folder) and start and stop Apache and tried to run this command "regsvr32 libssh2.dll" in cmd as administrator. I always got an error message from failed to load module to the better of the messages being

The module libssh2.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

Verify that "libssh2.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again.

I got that message when the libssh2.dll was in the expected place of the php root folder.

its towards the end of the work day and my brain is fried not sure if there is info i left out or if it makes sense any thoughts would help
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried using Wampserver? I know you are using a Windows 2012 server so maybe things would be different, but in Windows 7 and 8 I have used Wampserver with no issues for the most part.

For your actual error message, where are you getting the DLL file? Are you using a 32 bit or 64 bit version? I know with Wampserver in the past I did have an issue once with the Curl Library and its very important that you use the right version of these DLL files. I am not saying that is your problem, but maybe just something to look at if you haven't already tried.
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got the files from the php site http://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/r ... ssh2/0.12/ its running the 32bit version on the server I tried the correct one. Then I tried them all to see if i could get something to work. The php was complied with the vc11
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I just uninstalled xampp and installed wamp server with the same results

error
Code: [ Select ]
[02-Sep-2014 17:42:46 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ssh2.dll' - The specified module could not be found.

in Unknown on line 0
  1. [02-Sep-2014 17:42:46 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.5.12/ext/php_ssh2.dll' - The specified module could not be found.
  2. in Unknown on line 0
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://forum.wampserver.com/read.php?2,80704,112102
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice! solved that.

So with that extension there were a few files

the php_ssh2.dll and the php_ssh2.pdb files are in the extensions directory.

PHP ini file is set to activate the extension extension=php_ssh2.dll

and the libssh2.dll I stuck into the Apache bin folder restarted all services and all is good.

EXCEPT i'm going to try to do the same thing in XAMPP mainly because a lot of the php errors im getting WAMP SERVER are in french, I think
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I run WAMP server on a Windows 8.1 box and have no issues using a default installation. 8.1 and 2012 are pretty much the same code base, wonder why you are having problems.

With 2012, you could try running IIS with PHP and also install MySQL using the Microsoft Platform Installer.

Build a PHP Website on IIS
Install MySQL on Windows 2012 Server

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts