Weird Event after A reformat

• LINE71X
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • LINE71X

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I had some Strange malware problem -

Basically i play a game called Gunz Online - And i visit a forum that creates trainers for it - And basically someone must've uploaded malware with the trainer - A nice little surprise.

Anyway, Few week later - i log into my rapidshare account and see someone has been uploading and downloading - They uploaded files of gunz online - So i already had a clue.

Anyway, I scanned with Anti malware, Anti rootkit, Anti virus, I did a bunch of scanning, I tried PREVX CSI which is good for new malware - I scanned for ads streams. I basically did all i could

I did not find any sign of infection - BUT I KNEW i was

So anyway - I reformatted my harddrive and took it out and threw it out in the trash- And went to buy a new ide drive from bestbuy

So i installed the new drive - Installed windows xp pro. Everything went fine.

So when i first started windows xp - The screen was Huge - The resoultion was like 640x So i had to install my graphic drivers.

Since i installed xp from a retail cd - Not any preinstalled dell or hp bs.

So anyway, I remember clicking start menu button then exiting. But i wasn't connected to the internet because my cable modem was unplugged

But then i had to go to the back of my desk and connect my cable modem - So i went to the back to connect my modem - i returned to my screen to see the

WINDOWS START MENU BUTTON OPEN -

I never opened it - Or least i forgot - What the hell> Does it Automatically open once you install a new harddrive - Randomly?

This is bothering me now - I have weird Anxiety that only Occurs with computers. - otherwise i am perfectly fine in the real world.

I think someone is spying on me or something
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you install a clean install of XP the first time you login the Start Menu automatically opens.

//Think of it as Bill Gates flipping you the bird.
  • LINE71X
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • LINE71X

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply

The strange part here is that the menu obviously opens after a certain amount of time?

It didn't just open once i was at the desktop

I saw my cable modem was unplugged, So i went to the back of my desk - Bent down and connect it - And i came back to see the start screen open.

But i remember well i never opened it - Or i must've totally forgot

And i think the all programs was opened too - When you click start that menu opens...But i also think the all programs bar was opened too

I have Strange anxiety when it comes to computers - I just want to be clean and secure. I can't help it - When something strange happens - I panic and get upset
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're fine. What happened to you was perfectly normal. Any time a new user logs in to XP it will do exactly that the first time. It will only do it once.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts