WG111T Driver for Windows 7

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a machine today with Windows 7 on it and want to set it up for wireless internet. I have a WG111T USB Driver that I put in my USB slot and the auto-driver installer (or something whatever it is) failed to install because it didn't find any drivers for it...

I googled and found this forum which has a link to this driver written by one of the members of that forum. I'm having doubts about the security of that driver and don't want to simply download something and regret it after my computer crashes :lol:

I'm asking anyone here if they had any experience with this kind of thing or something similar to what I'm going through right now.

Any help?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just noticed that the forum is Microsoft's support forum... I think I'll give it a try.

This leads me to another question... how do I install the thing? The zip file includes the following:

athrusb.sys : System file
athrusbext : Security Catalog
athrxusb.sys : System file
athrxusbext : Security Catalog
netathrusb : Setup Information
netathrxusb : Setup Information
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright. I found the installation instructions. Pretty simple. I got it installed and working perfectly. :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get up to 2 bars and down to 1 bars (even though the internet is still fast, but the bars are)...

Is there anything I can do to better the reception? The router is where is used to be when I had my laptop, and my PC is where my laptop used to be and my laptop had full reception and never went down a bar, the current one is jumping from 1 to 2 and then back to 1 and so on and so forth...

Anything I can do, or is it all about location?

My router is upstairs, while the PC is downstairs...

[EDIT] I also sometimes loose connection altogether... any help? Please?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright, I've being recommended to go with a wireless card. I'm not sure which one would work with Windows 7 64-bit (and my system). Not sure what to look for to make sure it's compatible with everything.

Any suggestions? Recommendations?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing you need to do is figure out what avaiable PCI slots you have.

Most likely you will have a standard PCI slot open, maybe a PCI Express 1x.

D-link and Linksys provided some very reliable cards, most of which will require no software installation. Just plug it in and go.

D-Link and Linksys Cards

You probably don't need the Xtreme Desktop Adapters, just make sure that the card will work with your wireless router (Standards a, b, g or n)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts