What is IEHost34.exe?

• sonnyrizo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sonnyrizo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've recently discovered a program called IEHost34.exe on my computer. It shows up in the CTR-ALT-DELETE dialog box, and is located in the C:\Windows\System\ folder.

I have no idea what it does, and what it is for. After doing some Internet research, I've learned that it may be a problem. Several websites recommended deleting the file, but I don't want to do anything wrong.

I'd like to know if IEHost34.exe is a threat to my computer. ZoneAlarm said that IEHost34.exe was trying to make contact with the Internet. I wonder why it would be trying to reach the Internet.

Please let me know if I should permanently remove it or not...Thanks
  • NaNoBoT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

reboot to safe mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during bootup, you will be prompted for start up and using the arrow keys highlite safe mode and hit enter, When there
go to control panel add/remove and remove all tv media entries
then navigate to
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM and delete IEHOST34.EXE

spyware mate :D
  • NaNoBoT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry read it wrong... just delete it yeah....

:lol: :lol:
  • sonnyrizo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sonnyrizo

Post 3+ Months Ago

What are the TV Media enteries you're talking about? I don't think i have any on my computer except MS WebTV (or something like that). I never thought of that as spyware.

I just checked Add/Remove and "IE Host" was listed. Does it have anything to do with IEHost34.exe and is that the proper way of removing IEhost34.exe?

If IEhost34.exe is spyware, where did it come from and what source is it related to (as in website).
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

sonnyrizo wrote:
What are the TV Media enteries you're talking about? I don't think i have any on my computer except MS WebTV (or something like that). I never thought of that as spyware.

I just checked Add/Remove and "IE Host" was listed. Does it have anything to do with IEHost34.exe and is that the proper way of removing IEhost34.exe?

If IEhost34.exe is spyware, where did it come from and what source is it related to (as in website).

spyware can be installed silently with activeX controls without you knowing it (usually if you browse with i.e ) . My suggestion, run a virus scan/ ad aware scan http://www.download.com/Ad-aware/3000-8 ... ag=lst-0-1

perhaps you got it at a illegal site, bad sites, or it was installed when you installed some sortve free ware or "ad ware programs"
  • sonnyrizo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sonnyrizo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't use IE, but others using this computer do. I use Mozilla Firefox. I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware, and neither brought up IEHost34.exe.

If they didn't show anything about IEHost34.exe, I don't know what the problem could be. Norton Antivirus 2002 doesn't detect any viruses in IEHost34.exe.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://research.pestpatrol.com/Analyses ... 001701.asp

there are many extensions of this kind, look at IEHost34.exe list,

hopefully its not
Quote:
http://pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/t/trojandownloader_win32_turown_h.asp

also take a look here, someone explains how to remove it

http://www.newbie.org/help/messages/30657.html
  • sonnyrizo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • sonnyrizo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen that list before, Foxy. The thing is that the IEHost34.exe I have is not listed. My IEhost34.exe is located in Windows\System not Windows\System32.

That list doesn't say anything about Windows\System\IEhost34.exe.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts