when i create phone dial, my modem speakers are used, why?

• BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have been trying to use some software to be able to dial some local numbers, but the problem is i can hear the voice from my modem speakers not my desk speakers, i have checked on the system setting, but cant fix it,

amer
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the modem has its own built-in speaker. It doesn't send any signals to your sound card...

You'll need to modify the volume settings in the dialup session to raise or lower it, or turn it off.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

the thing is that the connection is established.
i tried to call my self from the mobile, when i speak from the mobile i cant hear my voice from my disk speakers, or when i speak from my mic i cant hear my voice from my mobile, i have tried what u told me do by turning off the vol of the modem, but the problem is still there.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're using the modem to place voice calls?

Your modem will probably have its own speaker output. What you will probably need to do, is hook up a spare set of speakers just for the modem, and a separate microphone directly to your modem (not the sound card)...

OR, alternatively...

Get a couple of short cables and hook line out on the modem to line in on the sound card, and line in on the modem up to line out on the sound card.

Then, you should be able to use speakers & microphone on your sound card in order to chat voice through your modem.
  • BlueHat
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

what if i my sound card is built with the mother board, do i need to install another sound card ??
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, it should still have the same input & output sockets as a regular sound card.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts