Post 3+ Months Ago

Nortons, panda or kaspersky?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are those the only 3 choices? All AV programs only give minimal protection due to the lag time between the day a virus is released & the day the AV companies add it to their dat files. Locking the registry stops all viruses from entering a PC. However, it doesn't stop scripts.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA
  • copxxx
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Absolutely Norton is the best choice (in my opinion), most secured, most updated and most effective AV.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a little leary of this panda AV, but that might just be because I've never used it. And anything that ships "free" trial versions as bloatware with new computers is a loser in my book. I've played with kapersky a little bit in the past in an enterprise setting with their management server and remotely rolling it out to machines, but never really put it to the test. What I did do with it I liked though.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Norton causes more conflicts than any of them.
  • ngay1703
  • Born
  • Born
  • ngay1703

Post 3+ Months Ago

What kind of this Virus and how to clean the USB?
I got an USB that infected virus that I never seen.
I scan it in Bitdefender, Karpersky or Format it (from MS DOS).
The virus is not deleted
  • Cabrella

Post 3+ Months Ago

Norton for me...

Never had a problem once since I have had it.
The family pack is good value as we have 4 PCs dotted around.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.eset.co.uk/?gclid=CNadoJq7qJwCFU0B4wodL1dZjg

Would you want to argue with him...ahahahaha
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

AVG or AVAST are by far the best and FREE
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

luckygal wrote:
In my opinion Norton Anti virus is the best anti virus software available now. This software offers core protection. It defends against hackers with a quiet two-way firewall. It offers pulse updates every 5-15 minutes for up-to-the minute protection .

Nothing Norton does is "Quiet".
  • sheva249
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sheva249

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me Avira is the best AV. Before installing it i used all other AV including norton, K7, AVG, Avast and i need to format my PC within two weeks. but after installing Avira i havn't formatted my PC yet after ten months. no doubt Avira is best.
  • sheva249
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sheva249

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please tell me if you found something better than avira?? thanks in advance.
  • vincenzo0506
  • vincenzo0506

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kaspersky for us. We did extensive testing with McAfee , Norton and Kaspersky. KAS had the smallest footprint in memory and consumed way less processing power than the others.

Vin
  • confident_50
  • confident_50

Post 3+ Months Ago

ALL ARE GOOD BUT I AM USING AVG SINCE A LONG TIME
AND IT IS WORKING GOOD SO I WILL GO WITH AVG IF U HAVE IT
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Linux/OSX is the best antivirus.

Trend micro is decent.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Eset rocks!

http://www.eset.com/

S
  • sheva249
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sheva249

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am loyal user of Avira from more than one and half year and it has never disappointed me. So IMO Avira is the best AV.
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kaspersky Internet Security and Avast are certainly the best tools in the field of internet security.
  • Kidfinger
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kidfinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

My choice would be ZenOK Free Antivirus, after tried it and I decide to stay with it, it is good for spyware.
  • XPGUY
  • Born
  • Born
  • XPGUY

Post 3+ Months Ago

ALL are very good programs, however tho, the AVG Internet Security 2011 does it ALL for you, that has everything including the kitchen sink and it does it better. I use AVG Internet Security Suite 2011, all the time on the web, and would not go without it.

AND, IF, you enter in the correct license CD number, that suite is good till Feb. 2018, without having to pay a penny for renewal subscriptions every year, like most programs.
  • Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

ngay1703 wrote:
Nortons, panda or kaspersky?

Option D none Of Above.

I have 'Avast' as my 'family Anti virus'. :)
  • XPGUY
  • Born
  • Born
  • XPGUY

Post 3+ Months Ago

And I am sticking with AVG, that does not have a subscription renewal fee every year like the others do, especially Norton for one.
  • a4asit
  • Kalkin
  • Graduate
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

norton is anyway the fastest and the latest version is cool.
  • silversurfer
  • Born
  • Born
  • silversurfer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, Norton is good. however, the drawback is they will consume more of your resources such as RAM. I rather go with Avast.
  • VPSWebServer
  • VPSWebServer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kaspersky from your AV;s mentioned, but I use other AV.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sure that AVG is working like a charm since you have gotten used to it, but I bet you have a issue with it slowing down when you use it huh? I used to use AVG until I ran into Avast, and it is a litle scetchy at first but you get used to it... And I love the use of the constant watching on the incoming and out going traffic.
So I say Avast, the free version is great but once you actually pay for it there is so much more to it.
  • fatale

Post 3+ Months Ago

well I use ZenOK Free Antivirus is a good option,there are a lot of antivirus software out there. However I would say from my own standpoint, that a good antivirus needs to be very light, very complete when it comes to online protection.
  • juanantoniod
  • juanantoniod
  • Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like Microsoft Security Essentials, supplanted by the free Malwarebytes.

I am by no means 'pro Microsoft', but I like that this MSE is integrated into and therefore runs well with the OS. Also, MS supports it if there are problems with the AV. It is also provided gratis (free).

Prior to this, I have used for a while McAfee, but that caused all kinds of system problems, and Norton, which I forsake long ago because of its tight integration into the system and therefore hard to get rid of (uninstall).

Malwarebytes is a free program that I run once in a while to catch what MSE has missed. For example, the other day it caught 8 Trojans that MSE let through. Granted, some of them I had told MSE to 'allow' (unknowingly) b/c I was playing with some downloaded software of unknown quality.

If I could afford it, I would probably purchase the full version of Malwarebytes and run it in the background along with MSE, but that might create other problems with system resources.

Take good care,

~Antonio
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

copxxx wrote:
Absolutely Norton is the best choice (in my opinion), most secured, most updated and most effective AV.

I am sorry but that is so wrong it is not funny, most computer experts would not dare install norton on their computer due to it infects the computer with norton, Norton locks down soo much it makes it difficult to do anything why is why it is good for inexperienced users who can not manage their own system.

i had free norton for a good 2 years with my computer and i still used the original install disk as a drink coaster. not sure what else to do with the disk really.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 30 posts