Win 2000 question - piece of cake for you experts

• windowssucks
  • Born
  • Born
  • windowssucks

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI,

OK I am new to this forum. Maybe there is a better place to post this question / problem. OK you fellow computer geeks, here goes
I tried to hook a manual :gun4: :D KVM switch to my 2 windows 2000 computers (for some of you, it is not what you think - mouse monitor questions will come later).

Perhaps when I hooked up the manual KVM switch, I did something. THE PROBLEM (unrelated to KVM? or just coincidence?) When I boot up my laptop - even when it is disconnected from the KVM (with nothing but the power cord connected) I get the 2000 login screen and after entering my password, I get a "Your Password Expires in 14 days do you wish to change it now?" message at which point the computer is locked. I ran F8 boot different ways. Anyway, the only way to shut it off is to power down with the switch (a no-no, I know)

What do I do next, cause I'm gonna throw the 1500 thing against the wall soon. That will fix it for sure. They don't have an emoticon that suits my opinion at this time.

Sincerely Windowssucks
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi windowssucks!

Welcome to Ozzu. I've moved this to the windows category so other members with similar problems will be able to find it and its repsonses, more easily.

Sorry for the inconvenience and good luck.
  • windowssucks
  • Born
  • Born
  • windowssucks

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

OK - a Newbie OZZU question, you say you switched my question to the Windows forum.

Forums listed in Window:

General Discussion | Announcements | Website Design Forum | Programming Forum
Website Reviews | Hosting Forum | Flash Forum | Digital Art Forum | Windows | Linux
Search Engine Forum | Google Forum | Competitions | Suggestions / Comments | Test Forum
Webmaster Resources | HTML Templates | Free Guestbook Script | Traffic Script

Where the hell is the Windows forum?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

right there in your list. 2nd line, 2nd from the right.

:)
  • windowssucks
  • Born
  • Born
  • windowssucks

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not kidding, I have an eye appoinment this Wednesday, thanks

Smarticon (me bending over) not found
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

you also could go to the main page and find it rather easily. ;)
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

the KVM (Keyboard Video Mouse switch) and login are not related at all as far as the PC is concerned unless you are pluging the KVM wires in while it is booting or removing them while it is booting.

If it is locking because ur password will expire in X amount of days, then you could try and set your bios date back a few days and see if the message will disappear. If the message disappears then once your logged in change your password and reboot the machine and change ur bios date back today's date and see if you can login, hope this helps out some :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts