Win 7 / Flash Problem

• pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a strange problem lately when trying to run Flash. The problem is when I try to use Flash it won't load, the computer doesn't respond for a while and then I get a blank Flash window on the screen? This only happens when I boot up to use Flash. If I reinstall it from the site it loads, installs and runs just fine. When I turn off the computer and later boot up it won't work again? The install always says it was successful. To play safe I disable my anti-virus and manually delete the old version of Flash from the computer first. Not sure what is going on, it once worked fine for a time and has been doing this now for about six months. My thoughts is its something in the Registry that's corrupted causing the problem. Just a hunch looked in the Registry and didn't notice anything obvious. I'm getting tired of having to install each time I boot so thought I'd ask if anyone has a suggestion. All comments welcome. Thanks. :?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mr OBrien
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: down a creek without a paddle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could you Please provided IE version? I know IE8 and flash had problems for me when i still used Windows.
  • pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have IE11, but I never use it, only Firefox and occasionally Chrome. When I have to uninstall and reinstall Flash I keep all the browsers closed.
  • lucassix
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a special Flash uninstaller you can use to get a fresh re-install. You can get it here - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ndows.html

Then try reinstalling from the full installer, not the web intstaller - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... ars_header
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

In addition to Lucassix's great advice, be aware that there is also a fake Flash player that people have inadvertently downloaded. You can read more about it here. http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/f ... lick-fraud If your computer exhibits any of these symptoms you may have been one of the victims.

Don't take that to mean that you have a virus. Firefox (and even Chrome, nowadays) seem to consistently crash when I have too many tabs open using Flash plugin. Especially Facebook now that they've incorporated that stupid autoplay.

You've given some good information in your post, but the more specific you can be the better. For example you aren't clear if you are talking about FLASH the program used to create Flash files, or the Adobe Flash Player.

You also say
Quote:
If I reinstall it from the site it loads, installs and runs just fine.
By "the site" are you referring to adobe.com?

You also didn't tell us what operating system you are using. That would be helpful.
  • pucci
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the follow-up, running Win7 Starter on a Sony Vaio Netbook and Adobe Flash Player. I get the software from the Adobe site which I've had bookmarked since I use it so often. I've done it so much know the site by heart.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems like your problem is not isolated to you, but haven't found any good solutions. There is an actual answer from Adobe in this post.
mswindows-forum/win-flash-problem-t108748.html (You'll need to scroll down a bit to find it). Even though that post is more related to IE crashes, their suggestion back in 2012 is the same one I would make, and that would be to uninstall Flash completely and try an older version. You can find archived versions here http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... sions.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts