• The^Watcher
  • Loc: Sabah, Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi..
please someone help me...
each time i turned ON my pc..
there something wrong with it..
i don't know what..
it cannot load the icon and start bar...
but the task manager can.
how to repair it..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Arcath
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New England

Post 3+ Months Ago

What OS?

if it's NT, 2K, XP click on the 'Applications' tab on top of the Task Manager and then click on the 'New Task' button on the bottom of the window. Type in EXPLORER and click the 'OK' button. That will cause the desktop and taskbar to reload.

In Win98 this is usually a sign of something that usually preloads crashing, such as Antivirus software. And typically a reinstall of Windows right over the current version fixes it.
  • ctompkins
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ctompkins

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oy vay!!!!! Don't reload windows because of some startup app!! Do just like this man says for making a new task, but type REGEDIT instead of EXPLORER. Then navigate to the startup folder located in \\hkey-localmachine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run and there should be a list of startup apps. Most can be removed safely (just click the key and delete). But keep things like antivirus and vptray and spoolers. Specifically, keep an eye out for spyware-looking items or media players. Just be careful in the registry, will you? I don't wanna here you saying I broke your computer!!!

Arcath wrote:
What OS?

if it's NT, 2K, XP click on the 'Applications' tab on top of the Task Manager and then click on the 'New Task' button on the bottom of the window. Type in EXPLORER and click the 'OK' button. That will cause the desktop and taskbar to reload.

In Win98 this is usually a sign of something that usually preloads crashing, such as Antivirus software. And typically a reinstall of Windows right over the current version fixes it.
  • The^Watcher
  • Student
  • Student
  • The^Watcher
  • Loc: Sabah, Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks guys...
but it seem that my pc still have no change at all..
for ur info. i'm using win XP pro.
and before i get this kind of trouble, there is a warning says that the windows registry has change... and it copying somethings from some files, i don't know what...but for sure after that i cannot load my desktop icon and start bar...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts