Win 98 SE CD

• Genjamin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Genjamin
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

my nic card needs a driver and it tells me to insert my windows 98 Second edition CD. Unfortunately I have lost the CD. I don't want to pay for a new cd so is there anyway to get it for free such as downloading it? or is there a way I can get a driver for my nic card without the cd?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

did you download the Cab files from the CD to your hard drive when you first installed win98. If so then just point it to the C:\win98 directory or were ever your cab files are other than that your going to have to go buy the win98se upgrade CD. Enjoy :D
  • Cuerock
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Cuerock
  • Loc: My cubical

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly that last suggestion prolly wont work! I had the same problem luckily my Uncle had the 98SE cd. I tried to download it from the net but it still didnt work. And going to the directory WONT WORK!I tried that too. You need the CD! My suggestion.....

Find someone with the disk.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Modern Destoyer has the right idea. After installing Win 98se, the first thing you should do is download the Cabs. There is also a registry hack where you can point it to the correct location for future queries. I'll have to look deep to see if I can remember that hack.

Unfortunately if you "lost" the CD you're probably SOL.

But after reviewing your post, did you just try going to the NIC manufacturer's site and download and install the current drivers? That would be the first option.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts